Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhthedev5
Contributor
Contributor

Remain logged in for iframe

Hello community,

We use the SaaS version of Qlik Sense. I am trying to embed the mashup (iframe) into a grafana dashboard we use internally. To embed an iframe, I must first authenticate my identity. I can either use the browser or the JWT.

The problem is, our dashboard is non-interactive. So using the browser to re-login is not possible.

The other approach is to use the JWT token. A key id is required for creating a token. Does this key id have expiration date? Is it possible to achieve the non-interactive login with the JWT?

Thanks!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @jhthedev5 what you mean by "our dashboard is non-interactive"? I assume that you are embedding Qlik visualizations in a iframe within a web page, is that correct?

About authentication, if you want to authenticate without user interaction (insert user and password), you can use JWT as you mentioned with enigma.js for establishing the connection. Here you can find an example where first we do the authentication, and then we render the iframe.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @jhthedev5 what you mean by "our dashboard is non-interactive"? I assume that you are embedding Qlik visualizations in a iframe within a web page, is that correct?

About authentication, if you want to authenticate without user interaction (insert user and password), you can use JWT as you mentioned with enigma.js for establishing the connection. Here you can find an example where first we do the authentication, and then we render the iframe.

jhthedev5
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the detailed tutorial! I will try it.