Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_r_luc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Stop updating mashup objects when dashboard is updated

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a qlik sense mashup.

var app = qlik.openApp(app_ID, config);

app.getObject('QV001','aaaa');

The data is displayed within the mashup at the first webpage load but I wonder if there is a any method or approach that stops the updates for one or all the objects displayed in that mashup when some filtering is applied in the dashboard.

Many thanks in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Ok, basically you are asking for having a unique engine session when you load the mashup, in order to have selections disconnected between browser tabs.

You can achieve this using the identity paramenter when you open the Qlik Sense App. I guess you are using Capability APIs, if so, this is the doc on our help site. The identity param is basically a unique number to be passed to the openApp method. You can generate it using a JS funtion which is create a number starting from a datetime, this will be unique any time your users load your mashup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @alex_r_luc , what is the requirement? Why do you need this behaviour?

In anycase, there is no way for disconnecting a chart in the way you mentioned, you could use the close method on the visualization for removing the chart from the page.

alex_r_luc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your reply @alex_colombo .

I have this countries list below:

counties-grid.png

Each "Summary" link opens the same mashup with one filter applied, the country filter. The the objects are from only one dashboard.

If I open 3 tabs with Finland, France and Germany, the mashup for Finland and France will show data from the last opened tab, Germany.

I am trying to find a solution to isolate the data shown for each country.

I am showing numbers and some graphs.

Any advice helps.

Many thanks

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Ok, basically you are asking for having a unique engine session when you load the mashup, in order to have selections disconnected between browser tabs.

You can achieve this using the identity paramenter when you open the Qlik Sense App. I guess you are using Capability APIs, if so, this is the doc on our help site. The identity param is basically a unique number to be passed to the openApp method. You can generate it using a JS funtion which is create a number starting from a datetime, this will be unique any time your users load your mashup.

alex_r_luc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes! This is the solution! Thank you a lot for your answer!

I have another scenario, maybe you can help me with it as well.

So I am loading objects in the mashup like this (same method):

var app = qlik.openApp(app_ID, config);

app.getObject('QV001','aaaa');

I want basically to show a value or a graph (to have an initial load) and keep their state (I don't want to update them) even if there are more filters applied in the Dashboard after the initial load.

Something like killing the live connection.

Do you have any advice?