Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogeshsawant29
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to connect Qlik Sense hub through .Net SDK and getting error "Authentication failed"

Hi,

I tried several ways of connecting to the qlik sense hub programmatically, but every time it throws error like "Authentication failed", since i am using .net framework to write a program which connect the client side server hub which is rather than in other country and they hosted from aws env, also my client has already provide access to my user and i am able to connect through windows authentication through browser but when i am trying to connect it through code it throws an error like "Authentication error".

I am using following code :

Uri uri = new Uri("<Client Hub Proxy>");
ILocation location = Qlik.Engine.Location.FromUri(uri);

var domain = "<My Domain>";
var user = "<My UserId>";
var password = "<My Password>";

location.AsNtlmUserViaProxy(loginCredentials: new NetworkCredential(user, password, domain), true);

using (var hub = location.Hub())
{

Console.WriteLine("Product Name: " + hub.QTProduct());
   Console.WriteLine("Press enter to close...");
   Console.ReadKey();
   Console.WriteLine("TestCase Exceution For QlikSense Data Validation is Starting ...");

var applist = hub.GetAppList();
   foreach (var app in applist)
  {
    Console.WriteLine(app.AppId + ": " + app.AppName);
  }

}

At my client side VP configuration are:

Anonymous access mode : no anonymous user

Authentication method : ticket

Window Authentication Pattern: Windows

Authentication Module redirect URI: blank

I have tried various ways to getting through the qlik sense hub but it wouldn't allowed me on other hand when i created same setup and used qlik sense desktop, it allow me to get through the desktop hub through .net program and now i am confused that i am missing any step or something, please help me out in this issue.

Also requesting you that if anyone could suggest any other code than above or any other change in above code or any setting which might i missed, from that i can easily connect to qlik sense hub at my client side then that would be helpful for me.

thanks and regards,

YS.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You may be having trouble with the SSL certificate. Try the AsNtlmUserViaProxy with certificateValidation: false.

location.AsNtlmUserViaProxy(loginCredentials: new NetworkCredential(user, password, domain), certificateValidation: false);

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You may be having trouble with the SSL certificate. Try the AsNtlmUserViaProxy with certificateValidation: false.

location.AsNtlmUserViaProxy(loginCredentials: new NetworkCredential(user, password, domain), certificateValidation: false);

-Rob

yogeshsawant29
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thank you so much rob