Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akeswani
Creator
Creator

What is qliktech.jfrog.io ?

Hello ,

I am having a weird issue in IE only (Chrome works fine).

My intranet app, written in Angular ,displays the list of all Qliksense apps, and when user clicks on an app, it opens QS app in an iframe. I also have a chat window on the same screen.

All works fine in Chrome, but in IE (11 version I am having), it displays blank page. The URL is routed/navigated right, but the app doesn't show up, and when I refresh the page, then the app opens. When I look through it in F12 developer tools, it shows me the "Windows Security" popup windows with message:

"The server qliktech.jfrog.io is asking for your user name and password. The server reports that it is from Artifactory Realm. "   ,and there is username and password to be entered in the popup.

Everything was working fine while this server was on windows 2008 and QS April'18 was running fine and my intranet was also running on same server. Recently, the server was upgraded to 2012 R2 (everything was wiped out on that server,  and we installed fresh QS Nov'18 release there), and I have my site on a different server (2012 also) now. Chrome still works fine as expected, but IE doesn't! The QS works fine through hub though, no problem there.

Any ideas what this qliktech.jfrog.io  is ? or how to resolve this issue ? could it be an IIS thing or server 2012 thing?

Thanks!

15 Replies
emraan_meer
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am also getting this behavior. When i open Mashup, i get this popup message asking for credentials. We recently started getting this popup after upgrading to latest version of Qlik Sense (Nov, 2018)

any idea, how to fix it?

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi,

It looks like a bug, we are investigating.

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi @emraan_meer , @akeswani,

It looks like there a IE cumulative update that fixes this issue, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4459022/cumulative-update-for-internet-explorer-august-30-2...

please let me know if this helps,
akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks guys,

For me, the problem was that I needed to refresh the page somehow. So, I just did that in the code itself. I know it's not the best solution, I am refreshing the page although it's not needed, but there was no other way around for me.

So, as soon as I hit that page, I refresh it and then it shows up. it's matter of milliseconds so the user doesn't even notice that it's happening behind the scenes.

Thanks!

Anjali

emraan_meer
Contributor II
Contributor II

Our team has figured out its behavior, it is consistent for at least us.  We are seeing this popup when we have our developer-tools window open (F12). Without developer-tools window we don't get this popup.

Thanks,
Imran Mir

akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

That's true.

It appears only when developer tools is open. For me it was showing blank page.  When developer tools is not open, no error and just the blank page !!! So, as I said, I just refresh the page as soon as I get there, couldn't find a better solution and it was kind of an urgent fix for us, so I just went with that solution.

Thanks.

m_sharif
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Akeswani,

did you find any solution to this?

Kind Regards

Muhammad

akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Muhammad,

I was seeing this error in Dev Tools only. On our intranet app, we are displaying list of Qliksense apps. When the user clicks on an app, it opens in an iframe. That time it was not opening and showing a blank page (and if IE Dev Tools is open, it shows this jfrog error). When you refresh the page manually on IE, the app appears. I really don't know why it was happening though.

The only workaround ,for me, was to forcefully refresh the page , through the code. Not the best solution.

So ,as soon as the user lands on that page, it gets refreshed, and the page appears. The problem was only in IE, Chrome works fine though.

Let me know if any more questions.

Thanks.

m_sharif

Thanks for the update...

We have exactly similar issue in one of the environment and have raised this with Qlik support.

Will update you if we find a solution.

Kind Regards

Muhammad