Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

exportImg() not working after update to November 2019

Hello. I use the Visualization API to render charts in a mashup and I have not been able to get the exportImg method working ever since I upgraded from April 2019 to November 2019. In my mashup I create a qViz object and then call exportImg on it when the user hits a button. This was working fine up until we upgraded Qlik Sense a week ago. I've done some troubleshooting and the problem appears to be in the qlik-module.js file.

I follow the method used in the example here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/November2019/Subsystems/APIs/Content/Sense_ClientAPIs/Ca...

Whenever I try to use the exportImg() method I receive the following error:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'qInfo' of undefined
    at e (qlik-module.30dee5929df163f57068.js:8)
    at Object.e [as printObject] (qlik-module.30dee5929df163f57068.js:8)
    at Object.m [as requestDownloadExternal] (qlik-module.30dee5929df163f57068.js:8)
    at d.exportImg (qlik-module.30dee5929df163f57068.js:8)
    at ExportFileModal.<anonymous> (4.93cf436b595543eeedb5.js:1)
    at l (vendor.93cf436b595543eeedb5.js:1)
    at Generator._invoke (vendor.93cf436b595543eeedb5.js:1)
    at Generator.e.<computed> [as next] (vendor.93cf436b595543eeedb5.js:1)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (4.93cf436b595543eeedb5.js:1)
    at s (4.93cf436b595543eeedb5.js:1)

I added a break point where the error was being generated (qlik-module.30dee5929df163f57068.js:formatted:38825) and saw the problem is occurring when some function is trying to get the layout defined in the model of the qViz:

imgExport_1.PNG

Here is the qVis before calling exportImg():

imgExport_2.PNG

It appears that the properties of the model are getting mixed up and placed in the id property. I don't believe I am doing anything wrong, but has anyone else experienced this problem with the November 2019 release?

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

As 

View solution in original post

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hopefully the last update.

The issue was fixed in November Patch 3 that was released yesterday.

Regards,

Patrik.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
robinrouleur
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I've seen a similar thing that may have the same underlying cause.  See my post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/Nov-2019-release-right-click-from-mashup-st...

I logged a support request with Qlik and they have verified the problem.  I am currently waiting for an initial response from the team it was assigned to.

As an interim fix, I have rolled back to the Jun-SR1 release as it is the last one that I know worked.

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

As 

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Do you have any idea on when it might be fixed? In the meantime we might have to downgrade to June 2019 as well.

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I don't have any update for now, just that it's being looked at to find the cause of it.

Regards,

Patrik.

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi all, 

Short update, the root cause has been found and the bug is being tracked as QB-600. If possible contact support and have them attach your case to this issue. 

Regards,

Patrik.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for the update on this. I updated our support ticket with that information.

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hopefully the last update.

The issue was fixed in November Patch 3 that was released yesterday.

Regards,

Patrik.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Awesome! Thank you for the update!