Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aditya_pratap
Contributor III
Contributor III

Runs Automation through API

Hi,@Michael_Tarallo @mbj @petter @richbyard @Mp3Leaks @rohitk1609 @Marcus_Spitzmiller @ergustafsson @Masaki_Hamano @Sue_Macaluso 
I am trying to run an automation through API in Postman.
I am not able to run the automation .

Can u help me in this and please if u can provide me the script of api call to run the automation.

Thanks in Advance

Aditya Pratap Singh

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Aditya - I did not see the tag in my notifications or I would have replied sooner - I just happen to be going through unanswered threads.

So yes this is possible - using the /run endpoint. You would need your developer API key and currently today only the owner of the automation can run it over the API.

https://qlik.dev/apis/rest/automations#%23%2Fentries%2Fv1%2Fautomations%2F-id%2Fruns-post 

keep in mind that you need to create an API KEY in the Management console

You can also use a simple URL call as well - in app auto it will show the call when setting up a trigger:

This can also be called from a button in Qlik Sense - (just in case you need that as an option)

Hope this helps 🙂

2023-04-17_9-59-56.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @aditya_pratap , here's an example of this in Postman, I've set Auth to No Auth. Does it work if you use the same setting? If not let me know, feel free to share a screenshot of your setup in a direct message.

Emile_Koslowski_1-1682344254141.png

aditya_pratap
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Emile_Koslowski  @Michael_Tarallo 

I am getting this error.

aditya_pratap_0-1683018001200.png

As shown as below : I am using this Webhook URL in postman to call and in authorization i am using bearer key or api key.

aditya_pratap_1-1683018072732.png

Please help me in this .

Thanks In advance
Aditya

14 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Aditya - I did not see the tag in my notifications or I would have replied sooner - I just happen to be going through unanswered threads.

So yes this is possible - using the /run endpoint. You would need your developer API key and currently today only the owner of the automation can run it over the API.

https://qlik.dev/apis/rest/automations#%23%2Fentries%2Fv1%2Fautomations%2F-id%2Fruns-post 

keep in mind that you need to create an API KEY in the Management console

You can also use a simple URL call as well - in app auto it will show the call when setting up a trigger:

This can also be called from a button in Qlik Sense - (just in case you need that as an option)

Hope this helps 🙂

2023-04-17_9-59-56.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
aditya_pratap
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Michael_Tarallo 
Thanks for your reply .

I want to run my automation from postman . 
I have already created the api key from Qlik. and I also have automation Id and tenant id also.
But when i try to post that query it will through the 505 error.

curl 'https://{tenant_id}.sg.qlikcloud.com/api/v1/automations/{ID}/actions/execute' \
-XPOST \
-H 'X-Execution-Token:{Token_id }'

I am not able to right exact query to run that automation. But i am able to reload the app using app_id and api key.

Thanks 
Aditya

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ok I forwarded this to someone who can take a look. 

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
aditya_pratap
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Michael_Tarallo Good Evening ,
Can you help me in this . Runs automation through Postman using api id .
can u show me step by step , I tried soo many time but getting 505 server error or 404 .
It would be great help from your side.

Thanks In Advance.

Aditya 

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Aditya - I asked a PM to step it - I will stay on it until I see a reply.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @aditya_pratap , here's an example of this in Postman, I've set Auth to No Auth. Does it work if you use the same setting? If not let me know, feel free to share a screenshot of your setup in a direct message.

Emile_Koslowski_1-1682344254141.png

aditya_pratap
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Emile_Koslowski ,

Thanks for giving the answer. But i am not able to see clearly the picture, can you reshare the screenshot. So i can see how you are calling the API.

I have API key and Automation ID what else we need here to run the automation through  postman .
Thanks in advance !!

Thanks 

Aditya 

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Aditya - I asked Emile to reply in case he did not see the notification.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

@aditya_pratap  can you click the screenshot? It should pop-up and become a clear image.