Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jérôme5625
Creator
Creator

Set analysis syntax questions

Hello, new little question.

in one of my application, i have a filter on the country field and a filter on the date field.

I've created a set analysis which allows me to count the number of customers according to the date.
However, when I filter on a country, the quantity of customers changes whereas I would like it not to change.

I've tried several syntaxes but I can't find anything. How can I exclude the calculation on a selection that has been made?

Count(distinct([client]))

example attached on my table: the expected result is 7 if I choose January and 8 if I choose February even if I choose a country France or Italy.

It may be simple but I need help.

thanks for advance

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chirantha
Support
Support

Please try the following  to exclude a selection on the Country field but keep the selection on the Date field :

Count({<Country = >} distinct([client]))

This article discusses more on how to exclude value on set analysis

View solution in original post

Jérôme5625
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks you very much!!!!

Have a nice weekend

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chirantha
Support
Support

Please try the following  to exclude a selection on the Country field but keep the selection on the Date field :

Count({<Country = >} distinct([client]))

This article discusses more on how to exclude value on set analysis

Jérôme5625
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks you very much!!!!

Have a nice weekend

Jérôme5625
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your help, my variable works well in a graphical indicator.

However, in a table on QLIK , I would like to have the same results as in my table.

However, I call up my variable in the measure of my table, but it still filters by country.

is it possible?

Jérôme5625
Creator
Creator
Author

Chirantha, 

To complete my last request, attached the picture to describe that i would like.

thanks for advance for your help

regards