Automating Compose Deployments

Last Update:

Jan 20, 2022 10:38:40 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Oct 22, 2021 12:32:07 PM

Attachments

Compose deployment allows the migration of a Compose project to other environments in support of Development, Test, Acceptance and Production (DTAP).

Compose provides two methods for deploying projects.  One is the UI based method for user interactive migration.  The other is the Command Line Interface (CLI) method for scripted and automated migration

This paper will explore using the CLI interface and related artifacts to build an automated pipeline for Compose deployments in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) fashion

Sample script attached.

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
Comments
DavidAbdelmalek1996
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I appreciate this highly interesting paper. It has proven to be extremely valuable and practical.

I'm currently facing an issue while running Jenkins and Qlik Compose on the same server. Jenkins is able to establish a successful connection with the Compose server using the following command: "$connectProc = Start-Process -NoNewWindow -FilePath $composeCLIPath -PassThru -Wait -ArgumentList "connect". The output I receive is: "Executing ComposeCliConnect command. Compose Control Program completed successfully."

However, when I attempt to export the project "$projectToExport" using the command "Start-Process -NoNewWindow -FilePath $composeCLIPath -ArgumentList "export_project_repository --is_without_credentials --project ""$projectToExport"" --outfile ""$file"," I encounter an error message stating "SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, SYS-E-AUTHERR, Unauthorized Request. request: Login." 

I kindly request your assistance in troubleshooting and resolving this error.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @DavidAbdelmalek1996 

This seems to fail at a login/authentication stage, so I recommend verifying all credentials being used. Should that not resolve the issue, please post about your issue in the Qlik Compose forum, where our support agents and active userbase can more readily assist you.

All the best,
Sonja 

JoshMcNatt
Contributor
Contributor

What is the solution around incremental changes to a project? 
For example: this white-paper discusses the concept of essentially exporting your entire project to a different project... This poses significant risk. 
Is there no way to automate incremental changes to our model/data warehouse/data mart?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @JoshMcNatt 

Please post about your requirement directly in our Qlik Compose forum. Our agents and other experienced Qlik Compose users monitor it and are more likely to be able to assist you further from there.

All the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-01-20 10:38 AM
Updated by: