Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

How to Fully Remove or Decommission an Application from QlikView Server/Publisher

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

How to Fully Remove or Decommission an Application from QlikView Server/Publisher

Last Update:

May 4, 2023 8:24:38 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

May 4, 2023 8:24:38 AM

A QlikView Server administrator can follow these steps to remove an application from a QlikView Server/Publisher environment. In this example, we will remove the Test 1.qvf application.

This helps preempt orphaned documents and folders to be displayed in the QlikView Management Console, as documented in How To Remove Orphaned QlikView Apps and What does Orphans folder in Source Documents mean?

Steps:

1. Remove all Document CALs from the application if they are assigned
    1. Open the QlikView Management Console and open the (a) Documents tab
    2. Select the (bUser Documents tab
    3. Select the document you wish to remove, in our case (c) Test 1.qvf
    4. Switch to the (dDocuments CALs tab

Open Document CAL tab.png

5. Click the red X on each assigned CAL, then click (E) Apply

Remove The Document CAL.png

6. Set the Number of CALs allocated to this Document input box to zero, then click (f) Apply 

Reduce CAL number to 0.png

2. Remove all tasks associated with the application
    1. Open the QlikView Management Console and open the (a) Documents tab
    2. Select the (bSource Documents tab
    3. Expand the document you wish to remove, in our case (c) Test 1.qvf

Expand the Document Tasks.png

4.  Highlight Test 1.qvf, listing all associated tasks

list all tasks.png

5. For each task, click the Red X (delete), followed by OK until all tasks are deleted.

delete all tasks.png

3. In Windows File Explorer, remove the Test 1.qvf application from the configured Source Documents directory (in this case C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\SourceDocuments)

4. In Windows File Explorer, remove the Test 1.qvf application, along with its associated .TShared (or .Shared) and .Meta files from the following directories:
    • User Documents or Mounted Folders (In this case C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents)
    • Root Folder 

Labels (1)
Comments
KevinH2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, this is helpful.

I was reviewing steps 3 & 4 while looking on our server at the C:ProgramData\QlikTech\SourceDocuments  and  C:ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents folders.  These folders contain very few of our apps.  Could this be common? 

Would steps 1 & 2 be enough to remove apps from the access point, if I do not find the app in the step 3 & 4 folders?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@KevinH2,

Step 1 details the steps to remove Document CALs from the app and Step 2 details the steps to remove the app from the Publisher/Reload Engine.

Steps 3 & 4 center around removing the app from the AccessPoint. You'll want to ensure that any app slated for removal is deleted from the Mounted Folders/User Documents directory (if present) and the Root folder (if app is present there). These are configurable locations, so you'll need to verify within your QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > QVS@ > Folders tab what the file paths are for you to check. By default there aren't any Mounted Folders present so they would have had to have been configured by the QVS admin. Also, by default, the Root folder and User Documents directory are configured to %ProgramData%\QlikTech\Documents.

Best Regards

admentn
Contributor
Contributor

I have ghost documents that I can't delete since I switched to SLK licensing.

How can I delete named call assigned to my documents, the “Documents CALs” tab is no longer visible?

Thank you for your help

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@admentn,

That is an insteresting issue. Suggest you start a thread on this issue in the QlikView > Administration forum so that it gets a wider audience.

Best Regards

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-05-04 08:24 AM
Updated by: