It is not possible to schedule an automation to run once a month through the Scheduled run mode alone. This article explains how this can be achieved by leveraging the Date formulas.
- Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS
- Qlik Application Automation
- Create new automation and set the run mode to Scheduled and configure it to schedule every day.
- Add a Condition block to the Start block. Click the Condition block's input field to configure the first argument of the Condition block. Select 'Add formula' and search for the Date formula in the Formula picker that pops up. Configure the Date formula as follows:
- Now select "equals" as the condition block's operator and specify "1" as the second argument.
- Now place your automation in the YES output of the condition block. This will only be executed on the first day of every month.
- Instead of executing the whole automation in the YES output of the Condition block, execute a Stop block in the NO output of the block. Place your automation after the Condition block.
- Execute an Update Job Title block when it's the first day of the month. This will make it easy to search for only relevant automation runs in the automation's history.
The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.