Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Qlik Replicate: Example error codes sent by data sources in

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troy_Raney
Digital Support
Digital Support

Qlik Replicate: Example error codes sent by data sources in

Last Update:

Oct 28, 2022 5:50:42 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Apr 21, 2021 7:47:27 AM

For general troubleshooting advice, see: Qlik Replicate Troubleshooting  
For more information about Qlik Replicate log files and how to read them, see: How to analyze a Qlik Replicate log 

PK violation examples

TARGET_LOAD ]T: ORA-00001: unique constraint (CUST_TABLE.PK_CUST_ID) violated 

[TARGET_APPLY    ]E:  RetCode: SQL_ERROR  SqlState: 42X91 NativeError: -1 Message: [EXASOL][EXASolution driver]Exception when finishing statement with handle 14 : constraint violation - primary key (PK_PERSONENDATEN on table PERSON_CT) (Session: 1629089178267795534) [1022502]  (ar_odbc_conn.c:797)

[TARGET_APPLY    ]T:  Constraint violation error codes are: -  (provider_syntax_manager.c:1948)

Suggestions

1. Check DDL on source and target to ensure they match
  2. Review apply_exceptions to see if transactions errored (a delete has failed then a new insert violated the PK constraint)
  3. If you have Change Tables enabled, check the order of transactions for the record in question

Redo/transaction log not found examples

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]An error has occurred during an attempt to access the log file, logging disabled

Suggestion

• Ensure replication pre-requisites are in place

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'source_current_position’

Suggestion   

• Ensure source and target DDL match (or are compatible)

SQL_ERROR SqlState: 08S01 NativeError: 10054 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Suggestion   

• Talk with DBA team to trace why the connection was severed

[IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver]Communication link failure. comm rc=8500 - System policy does not allow use of this data source. Contact your system administrator. ODBC general error. 

Suggestion   

• Ask your DBA / Admin to verify you have access

Network Related Examples

[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]E: Could not receive data from WAL stream: server closed the connection unexpectedly 

TARGET_LOAD ]D: Connection failure error codes are: 00026,00904,10054,4060,18456,01222,55,64,121,1231,233,109 (provider_syntax_manager.c:1870) 

Suggestion

• Contact network team to verify network stability

Firewall

ERROR_GENERAL ORA-03135: connection lost contact Process ID: 4156 Session ID: 357 Serial number: 42497

Suggestion

• Talk with your Network administrator to check the idle time of any firewall.  This message was from the source   Oracle connection severing due to 5 minutes of inactivity. 

[TARGET_APPLY ]E: RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 08S01 NativeError: 10054 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. [1022502]

Suggestion  

• Ensure firewall is turned off or firewall rules allow communication for replicate. 

Disk Space

[DATA_STRUCTURE ]E: SQLite general error. Code <13>, Message <database or disk is full>. [1000505] (at_sqlite.c:484)

Suggestion

• Review all mount points and ensure that all have enough disk space to operate.

Environment

Qlik Replicate 

The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

Related Content 

SQL Database Engine Errors
Replicate Loggers
Qlik Replicate Troubleshooting  
How to analyze a Qlik Replicate log 

Labels (1)
Comments
yit-huang
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Troy_Raney 

I have a question on this item:

•[IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver]Communication link failure. comm rc=8500 - System policy does not allow use of this data source. Contact your system administrator. ODBC general error. 

Suggestion:   Ask your DBA / Admin to verify you have access

is it insufficient permission on DB2? Could you share some documents/references on checking DB2's permission setting and configuration? 

yithuang_0-1666859285229.png

Qlik Replicate 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @yit-huang 

Let me see if I can find a subject matter expert to review your request!

All the best,
Sonja 

KellyHobson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey @yit-huang ,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

What kind/ flavor of DB2 do you have: LUW, z/OS, iSeries?

Yes, this looks like a permissions issue on the data source Replicate is trying to access. 

From the user guide (example z/OS), here is the link to prerequisites.

More specifically, here are the required permissions you need to check with DBA if these are the settings.  

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions. 

Best,

Kelly 

yit-huang
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you @KellyHobson, we are creating “IBM DB2 for iSeries” endpoint connection.

From User signon to DB2/AS400 fails with error message. (ibm.com), the troubleshooting describes that "The user starting the Cognos service does not have appropriate access permissions to the ODBC Driver". Could you confirm the root cause is the permission setting on "DB2 for iSeries" rather than "the driver"?

KellyHobson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey @yit-huang ,

It is difficult to determine without additional logging/ more info about your source connection.

I have opened a new support case with your contact information and will PM you the details.

Thanks!

Kelly 

yit-huang
Contributor II
Contributor II

hi @KellyHobson, I received the update for the case in emails, but I have no permission to reply in past day.

I commented in the case just now.

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-10-28 05:50 AM
Updated by: