Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Talk to Experts Tuesday - Qlik Sense SaaS and Qlik Sense Business FAQ

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Talk to Experts Tuesday - Qlik Sense SaaS and Qlik Sense Business FAQ

Last Update:

May 10, 2022 3:15:54 PM

Updated By:

Jamie_Gregory

Created date:

Jul 16, 2021 5:01:06 PM

This is the FAQ for the Talk to Experts Tuesday - Qlik Sense SaaS and Qlik Sense Business session on May 4th, 2021.

Environment:

How do I enable access for a new user to a space in Qlik SaaS before they log in for the first time? There are two actions - to invite and then later enable access. With potential waiting for the user after initial creation of an account until Admin is informed about account creation before being able to grant access, is less than optimal. 

Currently, a user must be a user in the system prior to assigning the user to any spaces. This would be a great Ideation request.

Can we create an alert when a user logs in for the first time to follow up with user?

Currently this is not possible but it is a great idea. Please put in an Ideation request.

Are partners going to be allowed an 'NFR' cloud account, where we can test features to better support our existing cloud customers?

I have passed this information to the Partner team. I would also suggest reaching out to your Partner Manager to see if this is a possibility or let them know you’re interested.

How do I chain reloads together in SaaS?

You can trigger with qlik-cli but it’s not the most optimal way because you do not have a way to manage the reloads. This is something that we are aware R&D is working on but no word yet when it will be available. You could try searching for or entering an Ideation request. There is a Qlik Product Portfolio Strategy and Roadmap session happening on June 3rd, 2021.

For a user to use the action button and do a reload, what are the criteria that need to be in place?  Can it be in a managed space or does it only work in shared spaces?  Do they need to be owners of the app?

Users must be the app owner to be able to reload the data with a button. This can be down in either a managed space or a shared space.

Can you set an image for the Links type content, and if so, how? I am not sure if you can add an image to represent it as you can with an app.  You just get the blue generic icon.  Makes it look a little nicer.

If you’re using Text & Image, you can easily link the image by clicking on the image then clicking the link icon and entering in the URL. If you want to do this in a table or other chart, it might be a little trickier. I did find this Community Post that may be helpful. You could also search and/or enter a request in Ideation.

I've installed Qlik DataTransfer to upload in Qlik Sense SaaS some data on-premises and created a secure connection between Qlik DataTransfer and SaaS editions of Qlik Sense tenant using API key. After that I'd like to go with the "Data Folder" sharing in order to upload some Excel files. After creating the connection with the folder, i tried to hit the "upload" button but the following message was prompt: "loading failed: Backend.Error.DTA_UPLOADFAILED.400" What does this error mean? 

That specific error will appear when there are not any files or blank files in the configured folder. Qlik DataTransfer basically checks if the file contains something and if that fails, you will see that kind of error message. Check to see if there are files or blank files. Also verify the type of drive folder you are connecting to. Network drive folders are supported but mapped drive folders are not.

Are there any system requirements for Qlik DataTransfer?

Yes, very few requirements but you can find them on Qlik Help.

If you have a client managed Sense set-up, can you link it to several SaaS tenants or just one at a time?

Yes, you should be able to. Please reach out to your Account Manager to discuss your use case and see if there are any licensing considerations.

Is there any way to see what tasks are running?  Sometimes a task that I run may be queued but I am not sure how I can check what other tasks are running.

You can check to see if a task is running if you are a tenant admin. It is in the Management Console. You should also be able to check using qlik-cli. There is also a Techspert Thursday that may help with this as well – Leveraging APIs on Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS.

Is there documentation on QIX/datafiles for APIs?

The API is not public yet which is why there is not documentation. It’s on the roadmap to make it public but at this point it’s not supported.

I am able to make a connection using ODBC through DataTransfer and able to get the list of tables in empty schema but in case of large data sets I am not able to the list tables. Do we need to make any specific configuration to handle large data sets or any limitations with ODBC connector package?

It seems to be a limitation with the package.

We are organizing our apps and deleted one by mistake. The app exists in our Managed Space but the file is no longer editable or duplicatable. How can we recover this app?

You can use an API to unpublish the app from the Managed space. There is an article that will walk you through the steps: Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS: Unpublish an app with the REST API (PowerShell).

When is Qlik Sense SaaS updated?

Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS is updated on Tuesdays. You can find out more within the Connect & Learn button (the Q in the bottom right hand corner). There are announcements, with videos and links to the Product Innovation Blog and the change log.

I am wondering if there is an app or an option in Qlik Sense SaaS where we can see information regarding the usage of the apps, session, and task details. 

The App Analyzer can help with some of this. There is a new app that is coming out called the Entitlement Analyzer that might help more with the usage of the apps and possibly sessions. If these apps are still lacking, please put in an Ideation request or search to see if one has been put in for what you need.

I can no longer see the export data into XLS from P&L Pivot. This is used to work for me. What happened to the button?

This is logged on the Known current issues in SaaS editions article. You can check back on the progress as this article is updated as more information comes in. If you ever see an issue in SaaS, you can check this article first to see if it has been reported.

Do I need to do anything for the upgrades? 

If you’re using Qlik Cloud Services, then everything is managed by us! You don’t have to worry about anything. Use the Connect & Learn button to keep updated on what’s new.

Qlik Sense SaaS, Qlik Sense Business, Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS, Qlik Cloud Services, what does it all mean? 

Qlik Sense Business is for small businesses or groups and teams typically whereas Qlik Sense SaaS is for larger scale departments and organizations. Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS is the official term for Qlik Sense SaaS. The “cloud” solutions live in Qlik Cloud Services. The only other terms not mentioned are Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows, which are our client managed Qlik Sense offerrings.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-05-10 03:15 PM
Updated by: