Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE
LucyBannister
Employee
Employee

It's been a busy week for the Academic Program in the UK! Our job as the Academic Program team is to promote the free Qlik resources available to University students and professors, and to ultimately improve student data literacy and employability. 

As part of this, we often visit Universities to run guest lectures and workshops. These give students an introduction to Qlik, as help them to understand why analytical skills are so necessary for today's modern workforce. I have to say that this is one of my favorite parts of the job. It's great to see the enthusiasm from lecturers about what the program offers, and the light bulb moments that students get, when they see what Qlik Sense can do! 

This week we visited three Universities in three days, starting at Southampton Business School, then The Management School, at The University of Liverpool, and finally we finished up at Birmingham City University in the School of Computing and Digital Technology. So that's quite a lot of miles on the motorway! I was supported by a different Qlik Solution Architect at each location, Marius Popa, David Sedgwick and Julie Main, who all did a great job at demonstrating to the students how simple it can be to create visualizations using Qlik Sense. Once again the Game of Thrones application was a big hit, along with the analysis of Julie's shoe collection. 

David introducing the Associative Difference at LiverpoolDavid introducing the Associative Difference at Liverpool

Many of the students the we presented to now plan use the Qlik Academic Program to develop their understanding of Qlik, as well as wider data analytics theories and concepts. At all of the Universities that we visited students have the option to use the free software in their coursework. There was also a lot of interest in the free Qualifications that we offer, as students are looking to stand out from the crowd in their job applications.

BCU workshop (2).jpg

At Birmingham, we were also lucky enough to be involved in their Women in Science and Engineering Campaign (WISE). Look out for more on this in my blog post next week. 

If you are a University student or academic and would like to find out more about the Qlik Academic Program please visit: https://www.qlik.com/academicprogram or email directly: lucy.bannister@qlik.com.