Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray0801
Creator
Creator

Not able to Create Change Processing Tables

I am trying to create CDC tables for a DataWarehouse in SQL Server 2014 as target but I am getting this error everytime.snippet.JPG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

For the project NOT associated with Replicate - you can't use "CDC" ETL Sets (unless you are mimicing __CT tables yourself?)  The full ETL set (which does not say "_CDC") in Compose will automatically compare the source tables to the DW tables and apply the changes (type1/2 based on model).

For the Replicate delivered - can you check and ensure that in your Landing area there is in fact a table sample_2.sheetal.Orders__ct ?

If you look at the code Compose is executing  (click on the "1" next to the Failed bar to see the statement that failed) - it is likely just selecting from the sample_2.sheetal.Orders__ct table.  This should have been created by Replicate and in that db[sample_2]/schema [sheetal]. 

Either the table doesn't exist - OR the Compose user doesn't have permissions to select/delete from the table.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ray0801 , 

The CDC etl sets in Compose leverage Replicates ability to deliver change tracking tables (also known as "Store Changes" when configuring the Replicate task).   

The CDC ETL set will use the same mapping as the FULL load etl set but will append __ct to the table that is being consumed (and add some additional steps to manage the change tables). 

In your Replicate task - is it configured to perform FULL LOAD and STORE CHANGES ? 

TO check an existing Replicate task - open the task > Click on Task Settings > Store Changes Settings,   If the task is configured to "Store Changes" then the box will be blue and the screen will say "Store Changes Processing is On" (see image below). 

If the Replicate task is not configured to operate in this way you need to click on the icon in that screen to enable it so that changes are delivered by Replicate for Compose to process.

TimGarrod_0-1603811417316.png

Hope this helps!

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

FYI - also please review the Qlik Compose User Guide- 

• Getting Started with Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses
    • Defining a Qlik Replicate Task

Replicate configuration for Compose is detailed here.

Ray0801
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tim,

My replicate Task is configured in the exact way,still I am getting this error 

Ray0801
Creator
Creator
Author

I am also trying to creating CDC Tables for a project which is not associated with replicate ,still I am getting the same error.

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

For the project NOT associated with Replicate - you can't use "CDC" ETL Sets (unless you are mimicing __CT tables yourself?)  The full ETL set (which does not say "_CDC") in Compose will automatically compare the source tables to the DW tables and apply the changes (type1/2 based on model).

For the Replicate delivered - can you check and ensure that in your Landing area there is in fact a table sample_2.sheetal.Orders__ct ?

If you look at the code Compose is executing  (click on the "1" next to the Failed bar to see the statement that failed) - it is likely just selecting from the sample_2.sheetal.Orders__ct table.  This should have been created by Replicate and in that db[sample_2]/schema [sheetal]. 

Either the table doesn't exist - OR the Compose user doesn't have permissions to select/delete from the table.

Ray0801
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tim,

Correct me if I am wrong,

The compose here tries to access the cdc tables created by the replicate task/manually created tables (if it is not a replicate task).

The problem here is that no such tables are present in the landing area.

So I need to make sure ct tables exist in the landing area.