Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Qlik Core has been with us for a while and now with the November release a lot more exciting stuff are delivered by Qlik's R&D team.

Qlik Core Scaling, is a repository with a preset solution ready to be deployed on a Google Kubernetes Engine. Since the solution is a group of .yaml files, we can deploy them in any Kubernetes host provider like Azure's Kubernetes Services.

Today I will go over on how to setup Azure for Qlik Core and on the next blog on how to setup Qlik Core. For this you must have sufficient privileges in Azure to setup an AKS Cluster.

First we need to create the AKS cluster that will hold solution. Go to Azure's Dashboard, click 'All Services' and then 'Kubernetes Services'. Click on the plus button to create the cluster. Add your Resource Group, give at a name and put 3 nodes just for a start, you can scale up later.

2018-11-30 19_30_57-Create Kubernetes cluster - Microsoft Azure.png

On the next screen make sure you check the enable RBAC.

2018-11-30 19_45_20-Create Kubernetes cluster - Microsoft Azure.png

Then on the next tab Networking, select "HTTP Application Routing".

2018-11-30 19_48_44-Create Kubernetes cluster - Microsoft Azure.png

You can have the rest of the tabs with their default values. On the final screen, review and create the cluster.

Now lets move on installing the Azure CLI and view the dashboard.

Run az aks install-cli, then get your credentials locally,

az aks get-credentials --resource-group <your-resource-group> --name myTestCluster and then open the dashboard

az aks browse --resource-group <your-resource-group> --name myTestCluster. This will open a new browser window with your Kubernetes dashboard.

We have setup the Azure Kubernetes and on the next blog I will explain on how setup Qlik Core.

Yianni

1 Comment
Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) manages your hosted Kubernetes environment, making it quick and easy to deploy and manage containerized applications without container orchestration expertise. It also eliminates the burden of ongoing operations and maintenance by provisioning, upgrading, and scaling resources on demand, without taking your applications offline.

I am reviewing Azure Kubernetes Service for my current employer and trying to determine if there are any limitations to using istio on AKS. Does anyone have any experience doing so? Does it work as normal?