Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey guys - it's been a while since I created a Qlik Sense in 60...so I'm back with a little feature that I just stumbled upon while creating some demonstrations using the Qlik Sense April 2019 release, Embed Sheet. If you found it before I did, be sure to share how you used it and what you did and perhaps did not like. This feature was taken from a single configurator that was available in the Qlik Sense Developer Hub and now brought front and center so you can easily grab those analytics for other means. Take just 60 seconds to learn how you can embed your Qlik Sense analytics in blog posts, social media and other applications.

To learn a bit more about this feature, check out our help document and help video.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Follow me on Twitter

9 Comments
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Mike,

I stumbled across this feature today in Qlik Sense Cloud (making me look like I don't know the product very well as I let out an "ooooh" in front of clients when I spotted the new menu item).

I presume though that anyone who views the embedded sheet must have a licence for Sense in the environment that the sheet is hosted?

If that is the case does it not make it largely redundant for social media etc., unless you have a server with an open licence or consumption based licencing to un-named users?

Would love to see some type of public sharing option, but I am not sure if this is it. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
Lucke_Hallbergson

_ _

0 Likes
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just  a quick correction here, it was on the Showcase3 demo server that I spotted the option, not on Qlik Cloud. I was hopping between instances quite a lot yesterday...

0 Likes
Lucke_Hallbergson

Steve,

Thanks for clarification!

//Lucke

0 Likes
necroshey
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Mike,

Can I ask what chart you're using for the Margin Distribution by Region/Company ? It looks like a combination of scatter plot and distribution plot. How is it made? 

Thanks in advance,
 Stiliyan

0 Likes
CarlN
Contributor
Contributor

The post says it;s possible to use this feature to share on social media , but what is the exact process? The demo video shows an iframe, which would work for a website but not on Twitter, for example.  

0 Likes
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@CarlN  - Users consuming these sheets and charts need to have a licence, so it wouldn't work on social media for that reason. You need to grab as an image and then load into your Tweet or whatever. There is an export to image option, but personally I find using SnagIt (a snipping tool par excelence)  a much better option.

0 Likes
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

Does the consumer needs a license to access the embedded sheets or objects?

0 Likes
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

@skamath1 , yes, as per @stevedark 's comment above, a consumer requires a license. Depending on your use-cases there are various options though.