Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II

FILTER CURRENT MONTH

I want to filter current month.

I am using N printing PPT with object filters.

Image-> Add Objects -> obj1234 

I have created a filter with advanced search : ([Date] >= MonthStart(Today())) 

I also tried advanced search:  ([Date] >= MonthStart(Today())) * ([Date] <= (Today()))

But without filter being applied, I can see the output. If I apply the object filter, it says invalid selection. 

Please help. 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This was discussed so many times on community, so please spend time searching community before posting questions which were already discussed. Thanks!

How is [Date] field created in Qlik data load? Is it date or timestamp or maybe is stored as Text?

For Advanced search filter apply advanced search directly in Qlik filter pane with [Date] field to check if it works.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/filter-of-a-range-of-date/td-p/1799902

I strongly advice you to read carefuly those topics about Dates and pitfalls. Make sure you understand what kind of datatype your field is using!!

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

"invalid selection" means that the filter is returning an empty dataset. As I previously suggested to you, before applying filters in Qlik NPrinting test them on the source Qlik Sense app to be sure that you obtain valid datasets. 

Apply to the Qlik Sense app ALL the same filters you applied in Qlik NPrinting and, if needed, correct them in Qlik Sense. Only after having the correct filtered dataset copy the filters in Qlik NPrinting.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This was discussed so many times on community, so please spend time searching community before posting questions which were already discussed. Thanks!

How is [Date] field created in Qlik data load? Is it date or timestamp or maybe is stored as Text?

For Advanced search filter apply advanced search directly in Qlik filter pane with [Date] field to check if it works.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/filter-of-a-range-of-date/td-p/1799902

I strongly advice you to read carefuly those topics about Dates and pitfalls. Make sure you understand what kind of datatype your field is using!!

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Other questions:

• is there section access used
  • is there task or report or user filter used which makes your filter impossible to apply!
  • or is the object inside a PAGE (loop) in your PPT template and lands in impossible to apply selection?

cheers

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

"invalid selection" means that the filter is returning an empty dataset. As I previously suggested to you, before applying filters in Qlik NPrinting test them on the source Qlik Sense app to be sure that you obtain valid datasets. 

Apply to the Qlik Sense app ALL the same filters you applied in Qlik NPrinting and, if needed, correct them in Qlik Sense. Only after having the correct filtered dataset copy the filters in Qlik NPrinting.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your support. I read the article Dates and Pitfalls and I fixed the issue. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Again - purpose of community is to help others. Can you share what was the issue in your case? What did you change in your example? What you did not consider but should have?

Answering those questions will help others who search community for help,

cheers and thanks!

qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sure. I used my advanced filter directly in Nprinintg. I haven't tried in Qliksense App. But when I tried to run the expression in Qliksense app, i had issues with the dataset, when I modified the app and executed the same in Nprinting, it worked well. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - thank you!