Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aidalj28
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can I filter the level in NPrinting in word report?

Hello, 

I have dimension Country with 5 countries: Italy, Austria, Germany, Spain and Sweden. I want to use levels in word report and to show only Italy and Austria. Can I somehow filter the levels and how?

This is ofcourse only the example, in reality I have dimension with 50+ elements.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. First of all you are giving us wrong/misleading information again! You have chosen NPrinitng 16.0 in the label which is not supported with Qlik Sense. That means that we dont know which version of software we are talking about and therefore cannot give you spot on answer! That information is critical so always pay attention to what you put there. 
  2. In short - there are no filtering options for levels. You can only apply filters to whole report 
  3. If you neeed to filter only those levels (only part of the report in the level) the workaround would be to create a table with set analysis based on a filter which can be applied to detached field in the model, applied that field filter to report and use table with set analysis as a level.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

by the way - when using table as level make sure you use fields as dimensions and not calculated dimensions or it will not work!!!

all that is available in very good documention on https://help.qlik.com

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
aidalj28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

How do I do that excatly? Should I add another column in the already existed excel data?

Something like this:

Country   Sales    NewColumn

Austria      10           ?    

Italy            20

Sweden     30

Germany    40

Spain           50

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @aidalj28 

one of the options would be:

• load in your Qlik Sense data model field called Country2 (which is just distinct reseident load of your Country field
  • then create new object in Qlik Sense with Dimension : Country and Measure: sum({<Country=P(Country2 )>}Sales)
  • make sure you suppress 0 values in that chart table
  • use that object as level
  • in NPrinitng apply filter on field Country2

To do the above obviously you need to be Qlik Sense developer and have basic understanding about data modeling in Qlik Sense and how to write scripts in there. You also require professional Qlik Sense license. I trust you have taken care of that and since you are doing NPrinitng development my understanding is that you are well experienced in Qlik Sense development.