Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nskatzis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change date format in a word report

Hello,

I have a word report where I need to display a date.

The date comes from qlik sense with a format that I don't want and I need to change.

In Properties for the specific field, I tried to enter a format value (eg 'DD/MM/YY') but nothing changes.

Is it possible to change the format from nprinting?

Please, see the attachment screenshot.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could format the date in Qlik Sense and force it to export as a text by using the Text() function. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
nskatzis
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

That's what I was trying to avoid...

But why can't I do this in nPrinting? And if I can't why there is the format option in the properties of each field in the report?

Thank you,

Nikos

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think the date field is interpreted as text field and not date when exported from Qlik Sense so the format set in the properties is not applied. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
nskatzis
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

Is there any doc for the format option? I didn't find any info in nPrinting documentation that describes the way we must enter the format as well as other information (text to date convertion etc)

BR,

Nikos