Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

Connection doesn't close - NPrinting June 2018

Hi,

Currently I am using NPrinting June 2018 and QlikView November 2017.

I have created some Task in NPrinting, when the reports get distributed & then the second task starts, the first connection doesn't get close automatically due to which the Server Memory is been utilized and remains open until I manually doesn't close it. (Major problem during Weekends, all connections remain opens & server gets hanged due to high utilization)

Like in NPrinting 16 we had an option of Close Connection when task ends, do we have such thing in the latest version.

Regards,

Renuka S

24 Replies
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

ok, but about creating a QVP connection.
In my scenario there are two server (load balancing) & applications are on Server A in a different folder say like NPrinting app, so here I would like to how do I create a QVP connection.

I used  vp://server.domain/xyz.qvw for creating QVP connection.

I tried doing it see the below error.

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

did you read help document? If not - please start from there!

https://help.qlik.com/

If you have Qlik Claster you can follow instructions for Claster connection:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Connect-t...

help documents provides possible resolutions to errors you are experiencing

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

True Lech. But once clients gets a taste of ON-demand feature they want it in most of the cases.and On-demand is not possible in local connection.

Learning never stops.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree and understand - however....

On-demand is not related topic to this thread and original question.

We are trying to answer hardware capacity question here - not the functionality of each connection types

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Lech,

sorry, but I have no any problems with NPrinting. My NPrinting environment works stable and with a good performance.

Killing the processes is not a problem for me. It's only a workaround until the functionality is implemented in the NPrinting engine itself. And I'm sure it will come.

It is basically the same as with monthly triggers. Until the june update, a workaround was needed to have monthly triggers. And now they exists in Nprinting.

- Christian -

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Christian. Like i said in one comments above i believe your solution is as good as any other working solution. 

I am not trying to convince you to change your setup, but i tried to share my knowledge around Qlik supported configurations which will solve problem described in this topic

Regards

Lech

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The connection doesn't close automatically, & I tried using the batch file to kill the task that is also not working.

I have to end the process manually by the Task Manger.

Any other option to end the connection after report generation.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There must be something buggy there

I don't know what else i can suggest, you might want to talk to Qlik support or have Qlik consultant looking at it in house or via conf.call

I am running out of options and advices.

Again - having QVP connection would not hurt, even if connection would be left alive, since the workload would be sitting on Qlik server....

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank You very much lech_miszkiewicz

But here I can't go with QVP, so I don't have option about it.

As said I will log a ticket with Qlik Support, will reply if I get the solution.

Regards,

Renuka Sasikumar.