Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madhushree17
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Displaying sender name on email

Hi community members,

I have been facing an issue in displaying an user name on email when a report has been triggered.

Under SMTP email configuration I have given the user name as abc@gmail.com and the default sender address is also given as abc@gmail.com

These are the server(email configuration) details provided by the IT team:

Name : SMTP Server

Address: smtp.gmail.com

Port:465

Username: Business Intelligence

Default email: abc@gmail.com

Test email address: xyz@gmail.com

I need the user name to be  displayed as "Business Intelligence". But, if any mails are triggered the sender name is displayed as abc@gmail.com

I tried changing the user name as "Business Intelligence" in SMTP email configuration, but if I do so  email's are not triggered and the test email is also not sent.

When a normal gmail message as been sent through the same email it displays the username as expected.

For example: mail Id - abc@gamil.com and username displayed as - Business Intelligence

The required screenshots have been attached below.

Any solutions would help.. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Madhushree17 

I believe google does not allow basic authentication any longer.

You will need to contact google if they have a solution for you  that uses basic authentication or find a different email provider that still allows basic authentication.

Feel free to check out these articles for further guidance.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

As per your screenshot this cannot be configured in Qlik NPrinting. You can only check if it is possible to add the information in your SMTP server or by using the email client address book.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Madhushree17 

I believe google does not allow basic authentication any longer.

You will need to contact google if they have a solution for you  that uses basic authentication or find a different email provider that still allows basic authentication.

Feel free to check out these articles for further guidance.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!