Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omkar13
Contributor III
Contributor III

Does user filters apply for all applications in Nrpinting?

Hi Nprinting Experts,

I have an enterprise environment of Qlik Nprinting for QLik Sense.  I have an app and have created user filters and when a task is scheduled respective user filters and task filters apply.

I wanted to know if user filters apply to all the tasks even if the filter value is not available? for e.g. 

I have a notification reminder task who is retrieving data from a qlik sense app and send notification based on user filters.

What if I'm using another app where the filter value is absent? WIll that make the new task redundant?

Will appreciate a response.  

Thanks,

Omkar

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

All filters in NPrinitng are linked to NPrinitng APP and NPrinting Connection. When creating filter you alway provide app and connection information and for those apps and connections filters will be applied. So if you have filters only for NPrinitng App "A" then task based on NPrinting app "B" will not include filters...

Documentation as per below:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

All filters in NPrinitng are linked to NPrinitng APP and NPrinting Connection. When creating filter you alway provide app and connection information and for those apps and connections filters will be applied. So if you have filters only for NPrinitng App "A" then task based on NPrinting app "B" will not include filters...

Documentation as per below:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Omkar13
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the simple explanation. 😍