Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III

Enable Task executions page for Developers (Nov 2019 version)

Hi Guys,

We have been upgraded to Nov 2019 version and enabled task executions page for developers with a custom security role. The Role has access to one Nprinting app but the developers with this security role are seeing all the Nprinting task executions even though they are related to different apps.

Any resolution/thoughts please share.

Thanks,

Anil

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Admin section of  NPrinitng Admin console is not App specific. That means that data related to app is not filtered out in it. 

You will not be able to hide tasks from other apps in the Task Execution list based on the role. This is currently not supported. sorry

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the quick response..

In that case it is completely defeating the purpose of enabling task executions to developers. When the developers has access to one NPrinting app they expect to see the task executions related that particular app but here they can see everything.

Is they any custom installation/or adjustments we can do to achieve the desired functionality.

Thanks,

Anil

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In that case it is completely defeating the purpose of enabling task executions to developers.

Well. I respect your opinion, although I disagree with it. I still see a puprose of having this access if I would be a developer I would like to see progress of the tasks I am running. Also as a developer I would know how to search my own tasks within the execution list.

When the developers has access to one NPrinting app they expect to see the task executions related that particular app but here they can see everything.

Lets not forget that they are developers which should be educated and trained in NPrinting before using it and should understand how the tool works. Therefore they should know that they cannot expect to see only they own task because toll is not desigend to work like that. If they insist they should only tasks filterd by app it is good idea to raise it as a feature request with Qlik.

Is they any custom installation/or adjustments we can do to achieve the desired functionality.

No there is not - sorry

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.