Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pavel_I
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Error: CEF rendering exception

Dear Qlik Community,

I faced following issue when trying to add an img to my NPrinting report: Error: CEF rendering exception (attached is a screenshot of error popup). I've tested with different types of apps/objects/reports but always got the same issue. It is probably worth mentioning that there are no connection issues between Nprinting and Qlik Sense servers.

I know that this issue is often discussed here and i've also checked those articles:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Nprinting-Log-ERROR-CEF-rendering-exception-GRPC-rendering/t...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Advanced-troubleshooting-of-the-GRPC-and-or-CEF-Error-Issues...

but in none of the could find a solution for my case. I've checked cipher suites and both servers contain all required ones. Our both servers are in cloud and we found no issues with firewall or ports.

I would appreciate your support and thank you in advance.

Regards,

Pavel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pavel_I
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry for so many duplicated messages, somehow they didn't show up after I sent them and I thought they were not posted 🙂 Btw., I've restarted the NPrinting services and it resolved my issue. Thanks for help Frank and Ruggero. Hope I don't have to do it frequently. Any suggestions what was the issue in my case? 

Kind regards,

Pavel

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please also check the log file mentioned in the screenshot.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Pavel_I
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

thanks for soon reply! I've checked it as well, but couldn't find any clue which might help to identify the problem. Maybe you could help?

That was the log file output regarding that issue:

20220209T145013.863+01:00 [81] ERROR Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated - Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK        21.14.3.0        Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated        20220209T145013.863+01:00        ERROR        UNI-002                0        0        0        0        0        0        0        0        Details error d7b0709c-5598-42d4-8cdc-f295c1b829fe. ERROR: System.AggregateException: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. ---> System.Exception: request with id a4be7894f28f4742bdcbd19eeff45fb7 failed with remote error ErrorRenderTimeoutResult, task SENSE_SET_VIEW, result: ERROR_RENDER_TIMEOUT_RESULT, the export timed out before sending the response↓↓   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---↓↓   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)↓↓   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓   bei Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated.Render(RenderParams renderParams) in C:\Jws\release-may2021-v7ubjJVeO\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK\Rendering\MashupGrpcServerUpdated.cs:Zeile 129.↓↓---> (Interne Ausnahme #0) System.Exception: request with id a4be7894f28f4742bdcbd19eeff45fb7 failed with remote error ErrorRenderTimeoutResult, task SENSE_SET_VIEW, result: ERROR_RENDER_TIMEOUT_RESULT, the export timed out before sending the response<---

Kind Regards,

Pavel

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Pavel_I

Important information about the error shown in the image you share is found in the NPrinting_cef_Engine.log.

Check that for time out errors. If you find SENSE_JS_RENDER_TIMEOUT or ErrorMaxJsAttemptsExceededResult or ERROR_RENDER_TIMEOUT_RESULT timeout errors, then you likely need to update your timeout settings as per the following article in the section near bottom of page Editing parameters in the renderer.config file

Additionally, you need to ensure you follow this article and update your NP server Internet settings

Finally,

If you are using 3rd party extensions then you might consider check if similar native qlik object work in place of the 3rd party objects/extensions.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Pavel_I
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank,

thanks for soon reply! I've checked it as well, but couldn't find any clue which might help to identify the problem. Maybe you could help?

20220209T145013.863+01:00 [81] ERROR Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated - Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK        21.14.3.0        Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated        20220209T145013.863+01:00        ERROR        UNI-002                0        0        0        0        0        0        0        0        Details error d7b0709c-5598-42d4-8cdc-f295c1b829fe. ERROR: System.AggregateException: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. ---> System.Exception: request with id a4be7894f28f4742bdcbd19eeff45fb7 failed with remote error ErrorRenderTimeoutResult, task SENSE_SET_VIEW, result: ERROR_RENDER_TIMEOUT_RESULT, the export timed out before sending the response↓↓   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---↓↓   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)↓↓   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓   bei Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated.Render(RenderParams renderParams) in C:\Jws\release-may2021-v7ubjJVeO\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK\Rendering\MashupGrpcServerUpdated.cs:Zeile 129.↓↓---> (Interne Ausnahme #0) System.Exception: request with id a4be7894f28f4742bdcbd19eeff45fb7 failed with remote error ErrorRenderTimeoutResult, task SENSE_SET_VIEW, result: ERROR_RENDER_TIMEOUT_RESULT, the export timed out before sending the response<---

Kind Regards,

Pavel

Pavel_I
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Hi Frank,

Kind Regards,

Pavel

Pavel_I
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Hi Frank,

Kind Regards,

Pavel

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Pavel_I

Your logging does in fact specify "ERROR_RENDER_TIMEOUT_RESULT"

The solutions I shared should be checked and applied in your environment.

The articles give steps to apply the updates needed to hopefully resolve the issue.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Pavel_I
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry for so many duplicated messages, somehow they didn't show up after I sent them and I thought they were not posted 🙂 Btw., I've restarted the NPrinting services and it resolved my issue. Thanks for help Frank and Ruggero. Hope I don't have to do it frequently. Any suggestions what was the issue in my case? 

Kind regards,

Pavel

Digvijay_Singh

Hi @Frank_S 

I am following this thread, In our org nprinting set up, we do see this below log entry all the time in nprinting_engine_cef, but this doesn't impact the report generation. As of now we don't have dedicated Sense node for nprinting so slowness is the known factor but we get the needed output without any problem.

So my question is, do you see if I can resolve this below error and stop seeing in engine_cef log file using the steps you shared and would it give some benefits in terms of performance? ( We are on May 2021 Sense/Nprinting, everything works fine, its just these errors sometimes force me to think if I can get rid of them.)

20220210T111708.298-06:00 [230] ERROR Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated - Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 21.14.3.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated 20220210T111708.298-06:00 ERROR <server name>-01 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Details error 70e87f39-b05e-4e95-95f7-bfc818f474e6. ERROR: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: request with id 7492ebe2007d4fc39f8da1730baf17aa failed with remote error ErrorRenderTimeoutResult, task SENSE_SET_VIEW, result: ERROR_RENDER_TIMEOUT_RESULT, the export timed out before sending the response↓↓ --- End of inner exception stack trace ---↓↓ at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated.Render(RenderParams renderParams) in C:\Jws\release-may2021-v7ubjJVeO\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK\Rendering\MashupGrpcServerUpdated.cs:line 129↓↓---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: request with id 7492ebe2007d4fc39f8da1730baf17aa failed with remote error ErrorRenderTimeoutResult, task SENSE_SET_VIEW, result: ERROR_RENDER_TIMEOUT_RESULT, the export timed out before sending the response<---

Thanks,