Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sree1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error Distributing reports to shared location

Hello Experts,

I am trying to distribute my reports via 'Publish Task' to a different server (Shared location) \\servername\OWS\Reports\NPrintingReports\Test_Report

But I am getting this error

Error trying to save report in folder '\\servername\OWS\Reports\NPrintingReports\Test_Report'. ERROR: Access to the path '\\servername\OWS\Reports\NPrintingReports\Test_Report' is denied.

I've attached the some screenshots for your reference.

The task worked perfectly when I try to save the reports locally in my D drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

To solve this you need to ensure that the NPrinting Scheduler service account (which should also be a domain account) must have NTFS permissions to open the network folder.

IF it does not, access denied messages will ensure as you are currently seeing.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Distributing reports to folders

The Qlik NPrinting Server can deliver reports to a specified folder location.

You can create destination folders and use them in publish tasks. All folder paths are referenced to the Qlik NPrinting Server hard disks.

Requirements

Your Qlik NPrinting user account which runs the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service must have full NTFS file and folder network access in order to share network folder resources.

This should solve the issue

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Sree1 

Please ask your new question in a new thread so we can avoid confusing your new question with the solution provided for this issue.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

To solve this you need to ensure that the NPrinting Scheduler service account (which should also be a domain account) must have NTFS permissions to open the network folder.

IF it does not, access denied messages will ensure as you are currently seeing.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Distributing reports to folders

The Qlik NPrinting Server can deliver reports to a specified folder location.

You can create destination folders and use them in publish tasks. All folder paths are referenced to the Qlik NPrinting Server hard disks.

Requirements

Your Qlik NPrinting user account which runs the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service must have full NTFS file and folder network access in order to share network folder resources.

This should solve the issue

Kind regards...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Frank_S : check that the Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Scheduler service has rights to write files in that location.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Sree1 did the response from Frank help you, or is there still an issue?

Sree1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Frank_S @David_Friend @Ruggero_Piccoli 

It helped me, yes. Quick questions to experts.

Is there any other way to restrict the users to select only value other than "Always One Selected Value" in Field Settings. 
Coz the "Always One Selected Value" is not supported in NPrinting. But I need a work around to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Sree1 

Please ask your new question in a new thread so we can avoid confusing your new question with the solution provided for this issue.

Kind regards...