Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II

Excel column format

Hello,
I have an Excel output and the format there is 00 at the beginning on qlik, but there is no 00 at the beginning on nprinting. Your help is appreciated.

When I take a preview, it appears as 00 at the beginning, but when I import it into Qlik, it does not appear as 00 at the beginning.

krmvacar_0-1705046259461.png

krmvacar_2-1705046328976.png

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

your question is confusing. On one end you say that there is 00 at begining initially in Qlik and in NPrinting isn't and then you say with preview it apears as 00 at the beginning but when importing to Qlik it is not.

So, to get an answer first we need to know what the actual question is?

Few things to clarify:

• Are you using QlikView or Qlik Sense? Please update label of the topic accordingly!
  • what is a data type of column in Qlik Sense/QlikView?
  • Are you applying any particular numeric format on it?
  • Normally with columns with leading zeros you need to apply formatting mask as string of characters is treated as numbers and converted to numbers
  • the same will apply to excel/nprinting where you will need to force either text format or apply custom cell numerical format with leading zeros

Without knowing your whole workflow it is hard to understand whether your value  in cell has to have leading zeros or is it just format you are after. As and example see the .gif below where I will show in excel 2 columns looking the same at first glance but holding to 2 values. If you need leading zeros in actual cell value then you must convert your column to text and treat it as a text.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1705048852217.gif

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz  ,

First of all thank yoo for answer.

I am using qlikview and I want the field to appear as text. 

It appears as text in qlikview, but when I print it out in nprinting, it does not appear as text, like the gif you sent.

Can we make this field appear as text on nprinting?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, we can however:

• Is the field you are using in QlikView declared as text? Is it loaded as Text(FieldName) in load script hence in QlikView having a ascii, text tag on it ?Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1705051862517.png
  • In UI table/chart object is it used as field/dimension?
    • is there any additional formatting applied on it?

If you are using supported configuration of NPrinting and QlikView there should be no problem with bringing in this as text. You have tagged your NPrinitng as September 2020 version (which is very old and out of support also it means that your QlikView version must meet certain requirements - see screenshot)

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1705052106125.png

I tested it on my end and it works for me without issues. I am however unable to test this on such old version like yours so I cannot comment on that.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.