Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marta4
Contributor II
Contributor II

Failed visualization of values in charts

Hi, 

I am working with NPrinting (power point type) connected to Qlik Sense. I inserted stacked charts, but when converting the report into the power point version, I came across this situation: 

- Either no values are displayed in the chart ( all 0). 

- Only values related to one field ( the rest appear as 0).

However, when I right click on the chart in the power point and open the excel all values are displayed in the table, so I don't get why they cannot be visualized  in the chart. 

In Qlik sense, I inserted a formula directly in the measure of this type to round the values: 

• = if(SUM([Amount]) > 1000000000,  num(SUM([Amount])/1000000000 , '#,##0.0B'),
          if(SUM([Amount])> 1000000,  num(SUM([Amount])/1000000 , '#,##0.0M'),
          if(SUM([Amount])> 1000,  num(SUM([Amount])/1000,  '#,##0.0K'),
          num(SUM([Amount]), '#,##0.0'))))

What can be the issue? 

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The issue is that your formula results in values which cannot be interpreted by powerpoint as numbers hence chart is not showing them. If your cell have values like 23M or 31K those are treated as text (which is normal in excel and powerpoint) and your chart will not work.

the workaround is to create dedicated chart in Qlik Sense with standard number format which can be exported as number and interpreted as number.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please remember to add the label with the correct version you are using. The answer could depends on it. 

When you open the Excel file related to the chart are the data in columns included in the area used by the chart? 

Are there data on it?

Having screenshots will help to try to reproduce here.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Marta4
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero, 

thanks for your answer. 

The Nprinting version I am using is 22.15.14.0

Sample of the excel that I get when I right click and edit in power point chart is this one: 

Marta4_3-1697449472851.png

sample of the chart when I convert the report in power point is this one: 

Marta4_4-1697449489673.png

So it seems that only data in the first column is correctly displayed.

Best, 

Marta

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The issue is that your formula results in values which cannot be interpreted by powerpoint as numbers hence chart is not showing them. If your cell have values like 23M or 31K those are treated as text (which is normal in excel and powerpoint) and your chart will not work.

the workaround is to create dedicated chart in Qlik Sense with standard number format which can be exported as number and interpreted as number.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

By the way. 
you can see that those values are treated as text as those are left aligned in cells 

Marta4
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your answer!

Are there any other workarounds?

I have already created charts directly in Qliksense usying the auto formatting number option ( 1M, 1.3B etc...) and exported them in Nprinting, but the format is not maintained in Nprinting even if I click on keep source format in the properties panel.  

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Formatting it in Qlik does not make sense in this case. I would just export numbers without any “fancy” conditional formatting. 
you could then use chart number formatting on the labels directly in Power Point using Power Point features