cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlau
Contributor III
Contributor III

Fewer Records Than Expected with On-Demand

Has anyone ever come across this?  I have a straight table that contains 50 rows and when I use NPrinting On-Demand to generate an Excel report using this same table, I only get 35 rows in the report.  However, if I export the table from Qlik Sense directly to Excel, I get all 50 rows.

My company is currently on the April 2020 Release.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wlau
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Even if I leave out the levels from the template, I still get the same problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This can be due to existing filters used for that report in NPrinting console (are there any filters there?). For OnDemand reports you should keep this simple and have no filters. If this is Office based template check if there are object filters present in there too.. and what is a template like...

The other thing to remember is that you may require dedicated NPrinting app and connection so it does not get mixed up with other connections to the same Qlik Sense application. It is possible that your OnDemand report is executing report from different Qlik Sense app that the one you are using. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
wlau
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I checked the report object in NPrinting and there are no filters. 

There's only one app, connection and report but just to be sure I have a clean test, I recreated these same objects but with a different name.  The results are the same.

I am not sure what you mean by object filters.

The report template is simple really.  Just one level and 11 columns.  The only thing unusual is the measure which has a set analysis and within that set analysis is an OR condition.  That should not make a difference should it?

I am including a picture of the template. 

I think I will try removing the level and see if that has any impact.

wlau
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried rebuilding the report template from scratch to see where the problem was coming from.  The template points to a Qlik Sense table.  The table has only one measure and five dimension value.  My measure is a bit complicated because it has an IF statement and in the condition statement, an aggregation statement (sum) and it has set analysis with an OR condition and variables (see below).  I believe this is where the problem was coming from.

IF(Sum({$< [Last Dispense Date No] = {"<$(v_Begin_Date_2)"}>+<[Last Dispense Date No] = {">$(v_End_Date_2)"}>+< LastDispenseDateNullFlag = {1} >} DispenseCount) > 0,
)

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So it is not NPrinting "On Demand" problem anymore, is it?

If you are using levels you need to check what values are returned in Qlik for each level selection. It may be that some of the rows can be excluded due to the fact that record is not meeting "or" condition anymore from your set analysis expression.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
wlau
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Even if I leave out the levels from the template, I still get the same problem.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @wlau 

I don't think marking your above answer provides a solution to a problem and helps other who potentially can experience the same issue. As I understand you were not able to fix this issue as of today.

thanks

Lech