Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gal_polak
Creator
Creator

Filter filed that contains like string

Hi all, 

I'm trying to add a filter in NPrinting to one of my reports, 

i have a list of products and i want the reports to bring me all products that there name starts with:

'Baa*'

how can i do that?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gal_polak
Creator
Creator
Author

Well i'll update for the help of others, 

In June 2020 it is possible to use the "Advance search" with "*" -> this basically use wildcard in Qlik 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Filter in NPrinting needs to evaluate to single value or be represented as a list values. Wildcard is not supported.

se here

Static filters let you select a list of values from QlikView or Qlik Sense fields. You must manually edit the filter to change values.

Dynamic filters use QlikView or Qlik Sense formulas. Formulas must use QlikView or Qlik Sense rules and syntax, and return a single value. Formulas are evaluated, and the results are used to filter data. You do not have to modify dynamic filters to gain new values.

My suggestion is to create logic in Qlik Load script and create a grouping field in which your wildcard will be represented as a single value which you can point to in your NPrinting filters.

regards

Lech

BY THE WAY - ALWAYS specify version of Qlik & NPrinitng +SR you are using!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gal_polak
Creator
Creator
Author

Well i'll update for the help of others, 

In June 2020 it is possible to use the "Advance search" with "*" -> this basically use wildcard in Qlik 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@gal_polak 

Advanced search is available since 2019 June so for quite a long time already... more here:

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.