Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filter not working when unchecking 'Keep Source Formats' on table-column

Hi, 
Qlik NPrinting November 2020 Version: 20.39.3.0
I have an Excel template with multiple columns from one table, filtered on a column value.
The filter doesn't seem to apply to any columns where 'Keep Source Formats' is unchecked; why?
With Keep Source Formats, the Excel report was showing the numeric value for the timestamp/date columns, so I unchecked Keep Source Formats to specify the format; however, I end up with an Excel with extra unfiltered values in the columns unchecked.

mrwong_0-1672774809923.png

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @mrwong 

I see what happens and I cannot explain it. 

All what I can say is that I assume something is wrongly configured:

If you still think this is a bug I think you should open support case as we would need more "hands-on" approach to troubleshoot this.

@Ruggero_Piccoli & @Frank_S - what do you think guys?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

HI @Lech_Miszkiewicz

You also asked some very important questions in your last update. We'll need to get that information from @mrwong.

@mrwong, it is critical to check these points mentioned by lech re unsupported items as this could very well be the issue.

The article he describes the unsupported items you need to check. 
These are similar for both QlikView and Qlik Sense. The chart id's in your snapshots indicate QlikView.

As such here is an article that you can use with video, that describes how to look for unsupported items.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please also note that Qlik NPrinting November 2020 is no more supported. Start by upgrading your installations of QlikView and Qlik NPrinting to a supported version (the latest is better) and test with it plus the suggestions from @Frank_S and @Lech_Miszkiewicz .

The "Keep source format" option is not related with filters behaviour and we not have similar know issues. If the issue persist after the upgrade and after checking the other suggestions please open a support ticket we everything we need to reproduce it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Ruggero, Frank and Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I see that you have marked our answers as solutions. Did you actually solve it and if you did what was the cause of the problem?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.