Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filter not working when unchecking 'Keep Source Formats' on table-column

Hi, 
Qlik NPrinting November 2020 Version: 20.39.3.0
I have an Excel template with multiple columns from one table, filtered on a column value.
The filter doesn't seem to apply to any columns where 'Keep Source Formats' is unchecked; why?
With Keep Source Formats, the Excel report was showing the numeric value for the timestamp/date columns, so I unchecked Keep Source Formats to specify the format; however, I end up with an Excel with extra unfiltered values in the columns unchecked.

mrwong_0-1672774809923.png

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @mrwong 

I see what happens and I cannot explain it. 

All what I can say is that I assume something is wrongly configured:

If you still think this is a bug I think you should open support case as we would need more "hands-on" approach to troubleshoot this.

@Ruggero_Piccoli & @Frank_S - what do you think guys?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

HI @Lech_Miszkiewicz

You also asked some very important questions in your last update. We'll need to get that information from @mrwong.

@mrwong, it is critical to check these points mentioned by lech re unsupported items as this could very well be the issue.

The article he describes the unsupported items you need to check. 
These are similar for both QlikView and Qlik Sense. The chart id's in your snapshots indicate QlikView.

As such here is an article that you can use with video, that describes how to look for unsupported items.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please also note that Qlik NPrinting November 2020 is no more supported. Start by upgrading your installations of QlikView and Qlik NPrinting to a supported version (the latest is better) and test with it plus the suggestions from @Frank_S and @Lech_Miszkiewicz .

The "Keep source format" option is not related with filters behaviour and we not have similar know issues. If the issue persist after the upgrade and after checking the other suggestions please open a support ticket we everything we need to reproduce it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

14 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

That has never happened to me so I am assuming there is something wrong with what you do. 

Having few extra screenshots with information:

• Where do you apply keep source format (whole table or individual columns)
  • 1 screenshot with results when applied
  • 1 screenshot with results when unchecked

That being said your version of NPrinting soon can be out of support. It is also important to state which version of Qlik Sense or QlikView you are using NPrinting with as simply configuration in use may not be supported at all and first you would need to make sure you have supported environment.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech,
QlikView April 2020 SR2 / Client Build # 12.50.20200.0
NPrinting Designer November 2020 / Technical Version 20.39.3.0
1- Keep Source Formats checked everywhere (default?), table and columnsmrwong_1-1672870764440.png

2 - Keep Source Formats Checked, Preview; TodayTaskFlag=1 numeric filter workingmrwong_2-1672870915999.png

3- Unchecked on Started column, Preview; filter not working
mrwong_3-1672871170477.png

4- Unchecked on Finished column; Preview; filter not working (extra row values under columns Unchecked)mrwong_5-1672871364449.png

5- Recheck on Started column; Preview; filter working on columns Checked, including Started column, but not Finished
mrwong_6-1672871569894.png

In production, the filter is applied on the Task. I unchecked for the several timestamp columns and received an unfiltered delivered report via Task. So then I went to the Designer and applied the filter on the table for design and Preview purpose

mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech,
QlikView April 2020 SR2 / Client Build# 12.50.20200.0

1- Keep Source Formats is checked everywhere (default?), table and columnsmrwong_0-1672962954406.png

2- Checked; Preview report; TodayTaskFlag=1 numeric filter is workingmrwong_1-1672963268282.png

3- Unchecked for 'Started' column; Preview; filter not working for unchecked columnmrwong_4-1672963577466.png

4- Rechecked 'Started' column; Unchecked 'Finished', 'Avg Duration' columns; Preview; no filter for uncheckedmrwong_6-1672963887128.png

The filter is applied on the Task. I received a delivered Excel file that with the extra unfiltered values. Then I went to Designer and applied the filter on the table for design, preview and demo purposes

mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech,

1- Keep Source Formats is checked everywhere (default?), table and columnsmrwong_0-1672962954406.png

2- Checked; Preview report; TodayTaskFlag=1 numeric filter is workingmrwong_1-1672963268282.png

3- Unchecked for 'Started' column; Preview; filter not working for unchecked columnmrwong_4-1672963577466.png

4- Rechecked 'Started' column; Unchecked 'Finished', 'Avg Duration' columns; Preview; no filter for uncheckedmrwong_6-1672963887128.png

The filter is applied on the Task. I received a delivered Excel file that with the extra unfiltered values. Then I went to Designer and applied the filter on the table for design, preview and demo purposes

mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech,

mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech,

1- Keep Source Formats is checked everywhere (default?), table and columns

mrwong_0-1672964719785.png

2- Checked; Preview report; TodayTaskFlag=1 numeric filter is working

mrwong_1-1672964719838.png

3- Unchecked for 'Started' column; Preview; filter not working for unchecked column

mrwong_2-1672964719913.png

4- Rechecked 'Started' column; Unchecked 'Finished', 'Avg Duration' columns; Preview; no filter for unchecked

mrwong_3-1672964719981.png

mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech,

1- Keep Source Formats is checked everywhere (default?), table and columns

mrwong_0-1672964833929.png

2- Checked; Preview report; TodayTaskFlag=1 numeric filter is working

mrwong_1-1672964833987.png

mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Strange, my replies with screenshots don't seem to be getting posted?..

mrwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

bad.png

good.png