Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamnewtoqlik
Contributor
Contributor

Filters in nPrinting

Hi Guys,

I am new to qlik and also nPrinting. I really hope you can help me with this problem:

The task:
> creating a report (in nPrinting) with one object

> set some filters (click a button and set date = today-1)

> send the report per email to my chef

So I started creating a report with one object from a qv-app. I set the filters, set the task etc. It worked perfectly.

Then I discovered, that there is the possibility to create reports in the qv-app (my chef wants the same design, headers, footers etc. on every report). Unluckily my former co-worker didn't write down, how to work with these reports. But it worked out very good.

But: when I created the filters (the same way as I did before) the new report (object is now the reportcode from qlikview) did only use the first filter, which is 'push a button'. The second filter (today-1) will not apply. I tried every combination (num, date, etc.) before I posted this.

Any suggestion? What am I doing wrong?

We are using:
> QlikView 11.20

> nPrinting 16.1.0.0

Thank you very much!!!

1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @iamnewtoqlik 

First I suggest that you get some NP design training. 

Second, you are running a very old version of NPrinting which you may encounter bug issues. I suggest that your organization perform an upgrade to the latest version of NPrinting 16 SR 9 which is in your NPrinting 16.x track. 

However, if you have no experience with this, I suggest you reach out to Qlik Consulting or a consulting partner to assist you. They may also have training information for you as well. Please contact your Qlik Account manager or partner manager for guidance on the best direction to proceed.

Regarding your issue:

What you appear to be describing is a QlikView Report and that is completely separate design principles and designer from NPrinting. (bit of history...the QV designer has been part of the QV desktop for many years. The NP designer was developed outside Qlik originally and was acquired by Qlik in 2015...that is why they are separate designers in case you were wondering...just fyi).

Here is a link to the QlikView designer information. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Report_Edito...

You may wish to request training on the QV built in designer from your Qlik Account or Partner manager as well. There is a QlikView stream that you may wish to ask QV developer/designer questions as well https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/QlikView-11-Developer-Tutorial/ta-p/1482987

Also I recommend adding images of what you are trying to do with your requirement so it can be better understood.

Hope this helps guides you in the right direction with finding a solution to your requirement.

Note that NPrinting 16 track is being deprecated in 2020 so it would be a good idea to begin preparing and planning for migration to the NPrinting 17 Track. For more information see Migrating from NPrinting 16 to NPrinting 17+

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!