Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabrielaRzeznikiewicz_

Imported user filters do not work

Hi,

I am having troubles with applying user filters on the report. The issue seems to be with data types.

I have an excel file where I import users, their groups, and filters. Filters are applied on customer number field, which is numeric value in the template app, to which I have a connection. However, no matter what I do, and how I format filters in the import file (putting value in single/double quotes, not using quotes), NPrinting always treats it as string not numeric type. This causes NPriniting being unable to apply filters as the format are different in Qlik app and NPrinting and publish task fails.

I can manually change Value part from ‘Value is’ to ‘Numeric Value is’ in the Filter options and that solves the issue but for my project it is crucial to have that automated.

@Lech_Miszkiewicz I heard from my coworker that you might be the right person to ask 😉

Does anybody have any idea how to solve that issue? 

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @GabrielaRzeznikiewicz_ 

1. out of all versions you listed which one is the one you are using? Make sure you provide information about the one you have installed as answers may depend on actual version. Now your May 2022 version is out of support so make sure you upgrade to currently supported version!
  2. how did you setup recipient import file? Have you followed instructions from official helps site? 
  3. If you look at the links I have provided you see there is a link to sample files (templates). When you download it and extract it and open Recipients.xlsx, navigate to Filters sheet and there you will see clearly the structure of how to enter values, numerical values, Evaluate value (Formulas) or variable and advanced search filters. In your case you simply put values in "Numeric Values" column and thats it.

You have not provided your current spreadsheet screenshot so I can only guess that you guys assumed that filter can only be entered in "Values" column where in fact there are dedicated columns for each type of the filter and for numerical type you need to use the next "Numerical Value" column.

I guess that is a super easy fix - but it begs the question how you guys missed it? 😄

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1720135463734.png

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. out of all versions you listed which one is the one you are using? Make sure you provide information about the one you have installed as answers may depend on actual version. Now your May 2022 version is out of support so make sure you upgrade to currently supported version!
  2. how did you setup recipient import file? Have you followed instructions from official helps site? 
  3. If you look at the links I have provided you see there is a link to sample files (templates). When you download it and extract it and open Recipients.xlsx, navigate to Filters sheet and there you will see clearly the structure of how to enter values, numerical values, Evaluate value (Formulas) or variable and advanced search filters. In your case you simply put values in "Numeric Values" column and thats it.

You have not provided your current spreadsheet screenshot so I can only guess that you guys assumed that filter can only be entered in "Values" column where in fact there are dedicated columns for each type of the filter and for numerical type you need to use the next "Numerical Value" column.

I guess that is a super easy fix - but it begs the question how you guys missed it? 😄

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1720135463734.png

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just to follow up my previous comment.

Make sure you review your excel import file and compare its structure to the one from help site. You could be having wrong structure modified by someone and unwingly changing available properties?

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It would be great to hear how did you go with this. Please let us know when you get a chance.

cheers

GabrielaRzeznikiewicz_
Author

Hi,

Thanks a lot! I have no idea how we missed it but changing the column name to "Numeric Values" helped.

Best,

Gabriela

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is good news. Make sure you keep the structure of the file (all columns in it) as per the one from sample files. You then just put values which must be numerical in numerical value columns, strings into value column etc...

anyway - I am glad we could help. 

cheers