Did you mean: 
fcesarei
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Installation error Nprinting

Hi,

Ive tried installing Nprinting Server May 2022 SR3 on Windows 10 Pro

I've followed the steps at the below link 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-qlik...

fcesarei_0-1675242081121.png

But each time i try the installation wizard conducts a rollback .

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Although it could work on a Windows 10 machine, it is actually not a supported platform.

Requirements

The hardware requirements listed on this page are for configurations where each Qlik NPrinting component is installed on a different computer. If you install more than one component on the same computer, the minimum hardware requirements increase.

• Platforms:
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2012
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2016
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2019
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2022 (as of May 2022 SR1)

Use a Windows server as you suggested should solve it.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, 

I am not sure why you have linked steps from NPrinitng 2019 when installing NPrinitng May 2022.

1. Looking at requirements I dont see Windows 10 as supported: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...
  2. Despite not being officially supported I was able to install NPrinting server on Windows 10 machine (my laptop), so looking at the logs it seems that MSI packages cannot be installed. This can be due to:
    1. insufficient privileges (do you have admin rights)?
    2. does NPrinting service account have admin rights?
    3. do you have anti-malware/anti virus blocking installation?
    4. What else can prevent it from installing in your environment?

Bottom line is - on standard Windows 10 machine this can be done but you still need to meet all other requirements from documentation

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fcesarei
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for the answer, on my pc is installed a company antivirus that I can not change. Now I’m trying on a vm with windows server

Frank_S
Support
Support

Although it could work on a Windows 10 machine, it is actually not a supported platform.

Requirements

The hardware requirements listed on this page are for configurations where each Qlik NPrinting component is installed on a different computer. If you install more than one component on the same computer, the minimum hardware requirements increase.

• Platforms:
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2012
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2016
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2019
    • Microsoft Windows Server 2022 (as of May 2022 SR1)

Use a Windows server as you suggested should solve it.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
David_Friend
Support
Support

@fcesarei please mark Frank's post as the solution if that helped, thanks!