cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Is this even possible?

I want to create an on demand Nprinting report that includes charts and data from 3 different dashboards.

I want the user to go into a dashboard and then pick the customer and time period.  Then print this on-demand report and have these choices affect all of the charts from all of the dashboards being used.

Can that be done?

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It might be done in QlikView and NPrinitng 16.X i suppose (with a use of linked fields), although i cannot check it due to lack of testing environment. It can be tricky!

It cannot be done in NPrinitng 17+ due to lack of "linked fields" functionality, so filters apply only to an open document.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
balabhaskarqlik

Did you resolved it, Share your solution, to make it useful to others.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I am using qlik sense February 2018 and Nprinting Feb 2018.  I should have said that in my original post.  Does this change anyone's answer?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

With this configuration  it cannot be achieved!

On top of this Qlik Sense does not have reliable OnDemand solution (only unsupported 3rd party extensions).

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is not an official On-Demand component for Qlik Sense.

My suggestions are to update your installation to Qlik NPrinting June 2018 that has some more APIs. Then, with the help of a developer, you could analyze a custom solution that uses Qlik NPrinting APIs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/APIs/NP+API/index.html

It is true that Qlik NPrinting 17+ has not yet the Linked Fields but you can create a filter with fields from different connections.

For example you can create the filter Year = 2018 by adding the fields Year1 = 2018 from Connection1 and Year2 = 2018 from Connection2 and apply it via APIs to a report with data from the two connections.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.