Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHellmer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

NPrinting OnPrem with data from Qlik Sense SaaS

Hi,

Awaiting Qlik to GA "Qlik Enterprise reporting" as a part of Qlik Sense SaaS, we have quite a few customers that would like to run NPrinting OnPrem with data from Qlik Sense SaaS. Is there anyone who has experience in distributing Qlik Sense SaaS apps to a Qlik Sense Client Managed and in that environment connecting NPrinting to the Qlik Sense Client Managed app in order to enable report distribution?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @HHellmer

Please note that it is currently not possible to connect to client-managed NPrinting Server to Qlik SAAS deployments.

Further, there is no expected road map for this feature idea at the moment.

If you wish, I would suggest that enter your feature request here to get eyes on it.

Nevertheless, I took some time to investigate this and found the following reasons why it won't work.

Although the QS SAAS App ID can be retrieved from the address bar,

• There is no equivalent in Qlik SAAS for a virtual proxy. This is required for NPrinting Connections
  • There is no equivalent for exporting certificates from Qlik SAAS. This is also required for NP connections

I thought this 'might' work using a test deployment of Qlik FORTS but this too faces the same as above.

Nevertheless, in a Qlik SAAS and NPrinting Server client-managed test environment, I attempted connecting NPrinting client-managed to Qlik SAAS and SAAS Forts deployment but it doesn't work unfortunately.

So again, at this point I would suggest entering this as an idea in the Ideas site shared above.

Kind regard...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @HHellmer

Please note that it is currently not possible to connect to client-managed NPrinting Server to Qlik SAAS deployments.

Further, there is no expected road map for this feature idea at the moment.

If you wish, I would suggest that enter your feature request here to get eyes on it.

Nevertheless, I took some time to investigate this and found the following reasons why it won't work.

Although the QS SAAS App ID can be retrieved from the address bar,

• There is no equivalent in Qlik SAAS for a virtual proxy. This is required for NPrinting Connections
  • There is no equivalent for exporting certificates from Qlik SAAS. This is also required for NP connections

I thought this 'might' work using a test deployment of Qlik FORTS but this too faces the same as above.

Nevertheless, in a Qlik SAAS and NPrinting Server client-managed test environment, I attempted connecting NPrinting client-managed to Qlik SAAS and SAAS Forts deployment but it doesn't work unfortunately.

So again, at this point I would suggest entering this as an idea in the Ideas site shared above.

Kind regard...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
HHellmer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks,

Wha I was wondering was if you can set up a regular distribution of a QS
SaaS app to a Client Managed environment?

Thus, you could have NP and QS OnPrem actually working together wit QS
SaaS. But since Qlik has now planned GA of QS SaaS reporting in a month,
the question may be obsolete.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you want to distribute reports from a Qlik Sense app you can only use both on premise installation. Also if QS SaaS will be GA soon it will not be possible to connect Qlik NPrinting to it. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.