cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilsonwilson
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting and using object customization extensions

I am working with NPrinting. In an NPrinting sheet (.xlsx format) I have a Qlik Sense object (image) consisting of a line chart.

The line chart has to have the centered title, borders and other more elements (which are not native Qlik Sense options currently). What I did was to use in the Qlik Sense app an extension that by dragging it to the sheet let me insert in it CSS code (I have used BeautifyMe and QlikSense-Sheet-Styler-Lite, for example), through which I could modify features of the objects present in the same sheet (in this case I use it for the line chart). In that way, I was able to make the necessary modifications to the chart.

However, when I generate the report in NPrinting, all the modified elements do not change (the original chart is maintained without that application of BeautifyMe or QlikSense-Sheet-Styler-Lite). It seems that the extension only has an effect if I browse the Qlik sheets, but NPrinting does not take it into account to generate the report.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @wilsonwilson 

Have you studied NPrinting documentation or went through NPrinting course before doing all that?

I would suggest to check what is possible and what isn't, how objects work in NPrinting etc. I would start from here: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/... as here you will learn about the way you can customize objects (NPrinting can support themes)

and here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp... as it details what is required for extension to work. NPrinting is not using all extensions you put on sheet, instead it picks up individual objects and renders them separately so obviously using other sheet extensions to modify look of the chart will not work! And as you rightly pointed fact that something works in your browser doesn't mean it will work in NPrinting. 

Since you are using XLSX format - why didn't you use native excel charts for what you need? 

again - just check on help site for all the steps required: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Create-Excel-charts.htm

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
wilsonwilson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Obviously, I read everything you mention. However, the impossibility of proposing a solution that involves making the graph directly with excel is there, because I need to apply filters to the objects and the image format allows me to do that (working with levels to build the line chart in excel, no).

For a similar case that I had to deal with, I built an extension with which I could finally elaborate the type of chart needed and I could put that object in image format in NPrinting. In this case, it is not so simple to build a visualization extension and that is why I am looking for other options. If you can think of a way to build the chart from excel directly but somehow applying the nprinting filters I created, I am attentive to your suggestions.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @wilsonwilson 

can you explain your sentence:  (working with levels to build the line chart in excel, no).

To build excel chart you dont need to use level, you can use tables and on tables you can apply object filters.

The only limitation would be if you are using levels in your template and you want to place your chart in the level.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.