cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markp201
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting skipping levels

I'll try to explain this as accurately as possible because I can't upload the data or templates.

We need to show activity for the current selected date and MTD   We use simple sum,count, etc for the

daily totals but for MTD we use set analysis

DIrectorManager
EmployeeDailyMTD
ABC1010
ABD05
ACE05
ACF01
ADG55
ADH00

When we create the excel report with levels for Director and manager, we get the following

Director
ManagerEmployeeDailyMTD
A
B
C1010
D05
B Total1015
D
G55
H00
D total55
A total1520

Manager C is missing

From what we can tell, if there is no daily activity for the manager, the level is skipped even though we have MTD activity

Seems like a bug because when we dump the detail to a sheet everything shows up perfectly.  It's only when we apply levels

that rows are suppressed.   We even added a dummy column (=1) for every row but the suppression continued.

3 Replies
markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Discovered a bit more about this issue.  When we selected a date there was only activity

for employee C and G so their respective managers are included.

When we built the table (with MTD set analysis), employees E and F are included even though technically they have no activity for that date.

What we don't understand is why the table dump worked but the leveled report didn't.  It would seem nprinting should accept the entire table as input and construct the levels accordingly.

glacoste
Creator
Creator

- Director and manager are fields in your data model?, columns of a table box?, field of a list box?

- The report have filters?

markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Director and manager are fields.  The example shows the measures when filtered (e.g. date).

What we're looking to do is show activity for the date but show MTD activity as well.  If someone only has MTD activity, they do not show up in the report with levels but if a report without levels will show everything.

I'll try to create a mockup.