cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting19 Issue - Published Report Missing Data

I'm currently transitioning some of our reports from NP16 to NP19. I recreated an excel report and just imported the template in NP19. When I preview the report using the report template, everything looks perfect, but when I publish the report, the last 2 pages are missing data. I checked the table mapping and filters and everything is correct. Even in the preview, its perfect and the data is accurate so I know its not an issue with the report itself. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Labiqa ,

there may be hundreds various problems. 

What you have described means that you have done something wrong - and that's it. It does not tell us things like:

• What is the layout of the report?
  • Are you using any pages tags?
  • Are you using any level tags?
  • Who do you send a report to (who is a recipient)?
  • Is recipient the same user which you used for preview?
  • Is there section access on QVW?
  • Are you using dedicated connection for this report?
  • What is the missing content?
  • Are there any recipient filters which can intersect?
  • What do you see in the task execution section
  • What do you see in the logs
  • What is the destination (News STand, Email or maybe folder)
  • and - there can be many more questions depending on actual answers to few first questions above.

Your problem is not common. It means there is something wrong with the way you migrated your report. Btw - did you use migration tool or did you only import report template?

Using Migration tool could possibly highlight any unsupported objects or solutions you had in NP16

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thank you! 

Please see below for all answers to your questions:

• The report is an excel report and we have one table per page in the report
  • I am not using an pages tags 
  • We are using a data level filter based on the table/data 
  • The report gets sent out to external users
  • Yes, the recipient is the same user which used the preview
  • There is no section access on the QVW
  • Yes, there is one dedicated connection that was created for this report
  • This report displays different measures for external users and the measures missing are our display measures. This data is brought in from a different table than the data in the rest of the report but the measures are the same throughout the entire report.
  • I only have one recipient filter 
  • The task execution section says the task was completed
  • The task execution log says everything was successful
  • The destination is email

I did not use the migration tool but just imported the report template. 

If there was something wrong with the report itself, wouldn't the data be missing in the preview as well? I'm still very new to NP19 so I'm not sure if my understanding is correct on that.

Thank you!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

thanks for your answers. 

My usual approach would be to output report to folder - just to see how big files are, if they are produced properly for all users etc. 

If there was something wrong with the report itself, wouldn't the data be missing in the preview as well? I'm still very new to NP19 so I'm not sure if my understanding is correct on that. 

as per above: It can depend on few factors. Preview takes into account Report and User filters (not Task filters). User used to execute Preview could be different than one used in task, hence can have different recipient filters resulting in lack of the report.

I am sure there are some differences in your settings which make those 2 pages missing. It is hard to say what is it as we dont see your template...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!

We were able to resolve this issue. It had to do with one of the filters that wasn't working properly but was updated. Once the filter was updated, the data was populated in the report. 

Thank you for all of your help 🙂

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

...so it actually was a filter. regarding filters you may want to read little bit more on https://nprintingadventures.com/. There are 4 posts on various filter types.

I am glad you got it working

cheers