Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admin3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting Backup

Hi All,

When i'm trying to take online backup receiving error "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. please close the program".

Can some one help me how take online backup without stopping services. 

Error_backup.PNG

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Can you tell me if this is running on the same server as Qlik Sense?
  2. Also - this is in your logs and it is at the same run time (right before it crashes)... Error is clear-wrong password! This is where i stop quessing as first thing is to solve errors we can see in front of you!

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Admin3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

No, we are using Nprinting in different server.

I too have small confusion with password,  let me come back with latest updates.

can you please let me give some clarity postgre db password should be same for Qlik sense and Nprinting i'm i correct? if so password is correct.

Let me discuss with client and i will get back with latest update ASAP, at same time please get possible solution from your end.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no  passwords could be different! NPrinitng and Qlik Sense repositories are separate entities. They are different databases and whoever installed NPrinitng for you set that password up.

So it may happen that during installation you choose to use the same, but in my epxerience it rarely happens and usually is set as different passwords.

Answering your question:

can you please let me give some clarity postgre db password should be same for Qlik sense and Nprinting i'm i correct?  -  Answer: No, you are not correct. We cannot assume that they should be the same. They can be, but it depends if the person who installed NPrinting set it up so it is the same as QS.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz, it seems a wrong password problem. I tried to run a backup on my installation without any issues. I inserted a wrong password and I had a similar error. As per Lech answer and Qlik NPrinting help site, the Repository password is the one inserted during the installation.

If you need a fast response time, please note that as customer you have signed a support contract and you can open a support ticket with a specific service level agreement. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @Admin3 

I notice that you keep posting the same or similar image.

What we really need is the NPrinting_Manager.log file. Please upload that here so we can review the full error message. The image you have been posting appears to crop out the key errors needed to understand and confirm what the actual issue is. The entire log file will give the full information we need.

kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!