Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting Conditional page display

Dear all,

I created a report on nprinting based on a Qlik Sense application.

Now, there are some pages of these report that I eventually need to hide.

I wanted to use a variable but I can't figure out where to define the visible or not option based on the result of this variable.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

Gerald

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @gerald_lebret

I'm going to share a rather simple solution. 

Create 2 reports (or use the 'move reports ' steps to essentially make a copy of an existing report and take out the unneeded charts from the copy - report 2. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import-expo...)

• Report 1 with one set of charts
  • Report 2 with another set of charts

Create 2 conditions: (create your condition based on perhaps some variable in your data or perhaps simply with a chart has or does not have data. For more details, see Conditions)

• Add condition 1 to report 1 
  • Add condition 2 to report 2 

Create 1 publish tasks:

• Add Report 1 > Publish task 1 (and and set report condition 1 to 'true')
  • Add Report 2 > Publish task 1 (add and set report condition 2 to 'true')

This, in theory, should only send report 1 if condition 1 is met and only send report 2 if condition 2 is met. 

The key here is defining 2 unique conditions to meet your requirement.

If the condition is met, the report is sent

If the condition is not met, the report will not be sent because the condition will be evaluated to 'false'

I'm sure others here will have other ideas for you as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In a similar case you need to specify what kind of template you are creating and its structure.

For example in PixelPerfect in some cases you can create formatting rules that show/hide parts of the template. Instead in Office templates you can use the Page node and add a straight table on it that contains a row only for the pages you want to create. In this case created pages are not hidden, they are not created at all.

So we need more details to help you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello all,

Thanks for your assistance.

I did create copies of the reports and delete unnecessaries elements / page.

However, this is not the way I would have liked to proceed. I would have liked to create a variable and set the visible to yes or no depending on the variable value.

Thanks thoug.

Best regards,

Gerald

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Without knowing the type of template you are developing and having an idea of the structure and the data model we cannot suggest more. Another idea could be to check here in the community because similar questions appeared in the past.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

You can indeed use a variable to use a variable in your condition @gerald_lebret.

But not necessarily for individual objects.

If using pixel perfect report template editor, as @Ruggero_Piccoli suggested, you can use conditional to show hide individual objects.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Manage-Condition...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I'm sorry if my explanations were not complete.

I created an app in qlik sense, then created a pixel perfect report in nprinting.

In this report, each page is in a separate band, and I know there is a visible option for each band, allowing to show (and print) or not a page.

Thus, as explained before, instead of creating a copy of this report, I would have liked to create a variable that I would assign to a user and depending on the value of the variable, some of the report pages would print or not.

Do you have enough information?

PS: I did check the community already but couldn't find such topic.

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Gerald

Frank_S
Support
Support

@gerald_lebret

I think that some (if not all) of what you want to accomplish can be done with NPrinting user filters so that for example, you set a user filter(s) on a specific user (create your filters for each user first) 

This way, regardless of what charts you use in your report, data associated with that user will appear.

Kind regards...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @gerald_lebret 

PixelPerfect has the Formatting Rules that can be applied to bands

Condition Editor.png

When the condition is true you can change the visibility of the band to true or false

Visible.png

This is the theory. How to apply the Formatting Rules to your specific template depends on the structure of the template. So we cannot be 100% sure that you can apply formatting rules to your case but I suggest you to evaluate them.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero