cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sikander02
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting Pivot report Filter issue

Hi I made a NPrinting excel pivot report, which also have filters, I was successful in making it but the last column of filter cell is repeating its name in the following column, not sure why is it acting this way. Any solution about how to get rid of it would be really helpful. Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Thanks,

Sikander

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well

sorry mate but i don't get it.

to create properly working pivot table you need to have a single  and consistent table in excel. It should be created from single table in Qlik - this is starting point!!!

Now down to your solution. if you are creating filters from completely different table essentially you are having 2 detached excel pivot models which is not right.

Please try to get everything from single table, just like i suggested, then create simple pivot table (without filters) and then add filters to pivot view.

Doing it step by step you will see  changes to pivot model and the way your changes are affecting a template.

avoid using deleterow tags in your pivot table area. The only place where you want to have it is your last row in your straight table (see this topic for instructions)

nprinting Excel with Pivot

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi You are not giving us enough information to help you!

Provide detailed description and screenshots of your template and nprinting objects and steps you are taking to build it. Also describe version and setup of tools (QlikView/Sense, versions and NPrinting versions).

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sikander02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your response Lech, I am using Qlikview version 12 and NPrinting version 16.

Currently I am making a straight tables in Qlikview and using that straight tables to build my NPrinting pivot report and filter report. I am using two straight tables to make this pivot table and filters on the top (TIN, FUNDING TYPE , COLUMN)

Capture.PNG

This table is source of my pivot table.Capture.PNG

which looks fine in template and data also comes out ok I guess but the column2 filter on the top repeats itself as shown in the original question picture . I am not sure is there a setting to prevent it ?

Thanks,

Sikander

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

First thing i dont understand is the concept o building 1 pivot table from 2 different Qlik Tables. This might work - but is not a good approach. I would build single object in qlik fro this purpuse.

The exception is if you use linked fields property in nprinitng and you are linking 2 qlik apps!

second thing is to create a table with one extra row and delete row tag on your source table for pivot view.

second last thing - i dont understand why are you using delete row tag between pivot table layout and filters layout - i would not do it as it might change integrity of pivot table layout.

last thing is that we dont see which fields are coming from which table since you have not given us this information.

regards

Lech

sikander02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

The whole pivot table was build with one Qlik table and later when filters were requested I added those fileds in Qlik table but it was messing up the NPrinting example headings and values of the columns were juggling up.

So I created one more Qlik table just for creating those filters. Table CH423  has dimensions which are being used in filters and has one expression from the original table.

The delete row tag was me trying get rid of that repeating filter name, turns out it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks,

Sikander

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well

sorry mate but i don't get it.

to create properly working pivot table you need to have a single  and consistent table in excel. It should be created from single table in Qlik - this is starting point!!!

Now down to your solution. if you are creating filters from completely different table essentially you are having 2 detached excel pivot models which is not right.

Please try to get everything from single table, just like i suggested, then create simple pivot table (without filters) and then add filters to pivot view.

Doing it step by step you will see  changes to pivot model and the way your changes are affecting a template.

avoid using deleterow tags in your pivot table area. The only place where you want to have it is your last row in your straight table (see this topic for instructions)

nprinting Excel with Pivot

regards

Lech

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Hi guys, 

How can I make a pivot table with some conditions, from a straight table?

For example, straight table:

col1                   col2                    col3                        col4              col5

A                        AA                        BB                               1                 1

B                       BB                         VVV                             1                0

C                       CC                          cccc                           0                 1

I need a table which will present col1, col2, col3 if col4=0 and col5=1?

How to make that in nprinting?

I was trying with a pivot table, making filters from col4 and col5, but it is impposible because I cannot choose values...

Thanks