cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JesseWit
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting is not working

I know there are a ton of topics about it, but I'm the next to get this problem: the connection between office and nprinting does not work. It used to work on my old computer but fails there - even as I did install (and now reinstalled twice) office 2019 especially for that goal.
I don't get it working on my new computer with office 365, including trying the tips on this forum and two nPrintingDesigner versions.
Has anybody an idea what to try next? Or is there any help out there?

JesseWit_0-1715420413344.png

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JesseWit 

you say: "I know there are a ton of topics about it" - provide links of what you have tried so far as there is a lot what can be done and you only say that you have re-installed office. You didnt mention any other things which are critical (like 100% zoom level on all your screens!!!)

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-cannot-find-a-suppor...

the above link is comprehensive list of all steps you can do.

Lastly - you indicated use of NPrinting February 2021 which can also be a problem since it is no longer supported and as you can imagine the reason behind is that all other software on your PC got updated including Office, Operating System and other components while NPritning 2021 was from 3 years ago and may not support those changes.

If I were you I would make sure I run supported configuration (make sure your nprinting server, engine and disigner on the same supported version - you said you were installing different versions which is just wrong: "...and two nPrintingDesigner versions" ) then would make sure I meet absolutely all requirements and steps from the above link. 

Once you are 100% sure you are on supported version and you did all from the link above and it is still not working then open support case with Qlik as there is nothing else we can do about it here.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JesseWit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

hi Lech,

To list what I tried:

* de/instlaling Office and Designer in different sequences

* used both 'old' and most recent Qlik Nprinting Designer-installer, on both computers with different office versions.

* put both windows and excel zoom to 100%

* changed excel settings from from Optimize for best appearance to Optimize for compatibility.

* changed windows display settings to no and back to yes again for "fix scaling for apps"

* removed manually and old version of excel (can't find in which thread on this forum this was mentioned)

* checked the other things, like install designer on C, 64 bit version of excel, invalid office registry key.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JesseWit 

like i said before

• make sure you are on supported version (currently you are not) - you may have to first upgrade your whole nprinting setup!
  • make sure you install version of the designer which coresponds to the version of your server (what you do by installing different versions is not supoported, can damage your repository and is simply unsupported)
  • try all options from the link
  • if nothing works open Qlik support ticket

There is no point going back and forth with this given that there is already very robust documentation regarding what needs to be done. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JesseWit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Update: i tried multiple solutions but it didn't bring my anywhere, also with help from support in the chat. So I got to a support ticket.