Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting xls email report

Hi,

I want to create a report in Npriting and sending it with email.

I have a table in qlik which has a Total row below the header.

When I import the table in Nprinting the Total row is not imported!

I tried to create the total row manually in Nprinting but when the report is send by email the formulas shows as #REF! when the users try to edit the excel file. 

any help about this 🙂

Thank you!

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Jimi 

Check this help page to create the report correctly. The #REF error means that a cell may be inaccessible after producing the report. Therefore a step in the report creation process 'may' have been overlooked.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-Reports-Nesteds.h...

Or use this excel technique to move the summed cell 'above' the chart columns

1. follow the section in the above article above

2. Drag the summed cells to C2 and D2 (originally summed in c6 and d6). 

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all please add the label with the correct version of Qlik NPrinting you are using: the answer could depend on it. Be sure to have installed a recent and supported version, latest is better, to benefit of all solved issues. 

Also adding screenshots of your template will help use to better and faster understand the cause of the problem.

Based on the description of your error I suppose you are creating the totals in the wrong way. You added a QlikView or Qlik Sense straight table in the tables node, then you drag and drop columns in the Excel template and inserted a native Excel formula. This is supported but you have to follow the instruction explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Make-Calculated-Column..... If you do not follow those instruction the typical error is #REF! because Qlik NPrinting adds the same number of rows you have in the source table when producing the final report and this brokes the formulas.

I suggest you to use the native Excel tables approach because it ti faster. You can also use levels as explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-Reports-Nesteds.h... but I suggest it only if you need to nest levels otherwise it is slower. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Jimi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I did the totals with variables, thank you for your comments 🙂

4 Replies
StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Jimi 

Check this help page to create the report correctly. The #REF error means that a cell may be inaccessible after producing the report. Therefore a step in the report creation process 'may' have been overlooked.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-Reports-Nesteds.h...

Or use this excel technique to move the summed cell 'above' the chart columns

1. follow the section in the above article above

2. Drag the summed cells to C2 and D2 (originally summed in c6 and d6). 

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all please add the label with the correct version of Qlik NPrinting you are using: the answer could depend on it. Be sure to have installed a recent and supported version, latest is better, to benefit of all solved issues. 

Also adding screenshots of your template will help use to better and faster understand the cause of the problem.

Based on the description of your error I suppose you are creating the totals in the wrong way. You added a QlikView or Qlik Sense straight table in the tables node, then you drag and drop columns in the Excel template and inserted a native Excel formula. This is supported but you have to follow the instruction explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Make-Calculated-Column..... If you do not follow those instruction the typical error is #REF! because Qlik NPrinting adds the same number of rows you have in the source table when producing the final report and this brokes the formulas.

I suggest you to use the native Excel tables approach because it ti faster. You can also use levels as explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-Reports-Nesteds.h... but I suggest it only if you need to nest levels otherwise it is slower. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Jimi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I did the totals with variables, thank you for your comments 🙂