Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QS on-demand button | No NPrinting connection configured for this Sense app on Ipad via Chrome browser

I didn't know if this should be in the Qlik Sense or Qlik NPrinting discussions but here we are.

We are using a on-demand button in QS to create reports through NPrinting. This works pretty good on a Pc through the Chrome browser.

Now someone wants to create a report with the button on an Ipad via the Chrome browser but after some waiting an error: No NPrinting connection configured for this Sense app is shown. 

I don't really have a lot of extra information on this. I can't find logfiles that are wrong or something so the data I can deliver right now is pretty limited.

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@lauranvh

Unfortunately, small screen support is not available

For Qlik NPrinting web console and NewsStand, a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 is required on desktops and laptops. Mobile and small screen support is not currently available.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Frank_S thanks for the reply.

Could you elaborate a little more on how this is a problem? The button is clicked in Qlik Sense and it's a Qlik Sense extensions that just connects to NPrinting via the API so I might have missed something but this shouldn't be the problem. 
The Ipad never goes to the NP Web Console or Newsstand itself.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Check the requirements please.

If your IPAD is less that the minimum screen size as mentioned in the requirements, then you will get unexpected results.

• For Qlik NPrinting web console and NewsStand, a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 is required on desktops and laptops. Mobile and small screen support is not currently available.

In the meantime, please check the following troubleshooting article....and remember that if you do not have your NP server secured with a third party cert, you will always need to log into NPrinting first, then open a tab in the same browser then connection to Qlik Sense hub, before attempting to run the report.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Frank_S, thanks again for your reply.

I stil don't know how this is a problem as the Ipad only goes to the Qlik Sense Hub. But I guess the problem might be that we need to login  a second time when clicking the on-demand button. 

The NPrinting server has a third party SSL certificate so that's not the problem but we didn't want to change the intranet settings so we still need the second login. Maybe the problem lies there.

I'll investigate further and when I have questions I reply here.

David_Friend
Support
Support

@lauranvh Yes change the intranet settings for sure, so the 2nd login is not needed, then try again, as Frank said NPrinting is not supported on a small device so you need to avoid have to perform that 2nd login to NP 🙂

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @lauranvh

In fact the 3rd party certificate if configured incorrectly, can cause problems with expected access behavior.

For example if the password is not removed from the .key file used to secure the NP web console.

To ensure you have secured the NP web console accurately, please visit this article. (all steps are required but particularly step 3)

Further, duplicated login requests can be mitigated by following this article that is also included in the article I shared earlier. 

Kind regards...