Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prakashijay
Contributor III
Contributor III

QV Nprinting Data not updating

Hi All,

We have a scheduled job run twice in a day. Till  10/20  the jobs ran successfully and numbers in the report looks good. However 10/21 no jobs refreshed. However after 10/22 jobs are running with out any issues but numbers are not updated in the report. As it is constant and no variation. Kindly let me know any possibility of the issue occurrence

version : Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR5  

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Where QlikView is concerned, suggest that you check:

One last point. 

It is not clear what version of QlikView you have running so doublecheck at the link below to ensure that you have a supported version of QlikView that is supported with NPrinting May 2021 track.

See QlikView compatibility section here:

Kind regards..

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We have too few information to understand what could be the cause of your issue:

- did you check the Qlik NPrinting log files to see if there are specific error messages? 

- did you do a Run Verification on the connections that generate errors? If yes, are all the checkmarks green? What are in red?

- in the Task Executions page are there any error messages?

- could you publish some screenshots of the error you see?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
prakashijay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli  Thanks for the response. 

When I checked the logfiles shows that the jobs were running >20 Hrs which suppose to finish ~2 min.

As we  didnt noticed the connection details, Admin team has restarted the servers and after that jobs are running fine and we can see updated data daily basis.

Here with I would like to know will the cache or memory related issues can cause the blocking the report for having new data instead of showing from cache.

-Jai

prakashijay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Frank_S 

Thanks for your response. I will go through your solutions. I would like to confirm  that we are using May 2021 SR2

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Connection caches are used, for example, while developing templates in the Qlik NPrinting Designer of filters. Caches will speed up the process to retrieve objects list of the list of values of a field.

When generating reports instead Qlik NPrinting Engines connect directly with Qlik Sense or QlikView server or local based on the type of connection.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.