Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polyakov
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik NPrinting Limitations

Hi everyone!

One client have a problem with creating report in Nprinting Template editor. (some tables is not appear Template editor but its present in Qlik Sense)

I think what this problem associated  with some limits in Nprinting.

In community portal i found interesting post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-NPrinting-and-Qlik-Sense-Object-Support-and-Limitations...

but this post 2017 years old.

And i have a question: Where i can read about limitation in NPrinting?

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @polyakov

The article you mentioned is updated regularly despite is original creation date. It should have the most current information in it. If not please specify and we'll update it accordingly.

Regarding your issue,

• Can you provide some images/examples of which tables are not visible in the NP designer after performing an NP connection reload?
  • Is your version of NPrinting equal (or higher) than your version of Qlik Sense? What version of Qlik Sense are you using?

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you add an object by doing right click on a node of the left side treeview you will see a list with all objects of the selected connection of the types that can be inserted in the selected node. Not all types of objects can be inserted in all nodes. For example you cannot add a Qlik Sense pivot table in the Levels node so you will not see all pivot tables of the connection in the list that appears after clicking on Add object. Instead you can add Qlik Sense pivot tables in the Images node so they will appear in the list. 

It is documented in the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

polyakov
Author

Hi, 

Thanks for help. Your recomendations very helped me. 

Today i was call with client and in the end  it turned out  the client do mistake in formules ( in app Qlik Sense).

Thanks to your recommendatons i had seen what the NPrinting get the correct data.

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @polyakov

The article you mentioned is updated regularly despite is original creation date. It should have the most current information in it. If not please specify and we'll update it accordingly.

Regarding your issue,

• Can you provide some images/examples of which tables are not visible in the NP designer after performing an NP connection reload?
  • Is your version of NPrinting equal (or higher) than your version of Qlik Sense? What version of Qlik Sense are you using?

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
polyakov
Author

Hi @Frank_S 

In this video i testing a one of the problems. (Qlik Sense May 2021 and NPrinting May 2021)

video

Today i planned to call with client and i want to record demonstration.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you add an object by doing right click on a node of the left side treeview you will see a list with all objects of the selected connection of the types that can be inserted in the selected node. Not all types of objects can be inserted in all nodes. For example you cannot add a Qlik Sense pivot table in the Levels node so you will not see all pivot tables of the connection in the list that appears after clicking on Add object. Instead you can add Qlik Sense pivot tables in the Images node so they will appear in the list. 

It is documented in the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
polyakov
Author

Hi, 

Thanks for help. Your recomendations very helped me. 

Today i was call with client and in the end  it turned out  the client do mistake in formules ( in app Qlik Sense).

Thanks to your recommendatons i had seen what the NPrinting get the correct data.