cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiarusya
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik NPrinting not respecting QlikSense custom themes

We tried to automate some reports in NPrinting with images of charts from the QlikSense dashboard. The dashboard is using a company color theme. Both dashboard and NPrinting are running on a server.

When rendered in NPrinting, it seems to default back to QlikSense Classic colors, and ignores the custom theme. How can this be solved? Is this a bug?

@Albert_Candelario 

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @chiarusya 

Wit this detail we can say that you are not meeting basic Qlik Sense vs NPrinting requirements as documented for your NPrinting version: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1684240614587.png

Qlik Sense May 2022 is not supported with your version of NPrinting.

At this moment upgrade your NPrinting to supported version and try again. I suggest NPrinting May 2022 SR5

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

chiarusya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Yes, the servers for NPrinting and Sense are separate. I just wanted to highlight that I'm not running something on my desktop. Yes, the "Apply Sense app theme" box is checked, but it's not working anyway. Is there a way to check that the theme has been indeed imported by NPrinting? Perhaps something is preventing that import...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - fixing unsupported configuration is always first priority as that is first, very obvious reason why something may not work. If that does jot help-only then we should look for other options. 
cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am not sure what do you mean by: "Both dashboard and NPrinting are running on a server", so I am just going to say obvious: NPrinting requires dedicated/separate server and it cannot run on the same server as Qlik Sense. That is documented requirement in https://help.qlik.com

now - You can import your Qlik Sense app theme settings when configuring a connection by selecting Apply Sense app theme, and the theme will be applied to Qlik objects displayed in Qlik NPrinting reports created using that connection. See: Connecting to Qlik Sense apps.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1684233498780.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you check the Apply Sense app theme flag in the connection? https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
chiarusya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Yes, the box is checked, NPrinting connection metadata is re-loaded and even tried to re-create the NPrinting design from scratch and re-import the objects.  We are using Qlik Sense May 2022, and Qlik NPrinting May 2021.  I also checked some comments here, but our JSON format for the custom theme seems to be correct, and we have May 2021 version.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @chiarusya 

Wit this detail we can say that you are not meeting basic Qlik Sense vs NPrinting requirements as documented for your NPrinting version: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1684240614587.png

Qlik Sense May 2022 is not supported with your version of NPrinting.

At this moment upgrade your NPrinting to supported version and try again. I suggest NPrinting May 2022 SR5

cheers

chiarusya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Yes, the servers for NPrinting and Sense are separate. I just wanted to highlight that I'm not running something on my desktop. Yes, the "Apply Sense app theme" box is checked, but it's not working anyway. Is there a way to check that the theme has been indeed imported by NPrinting? Perhaps something is preventing that import...

chiarusya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Yes, if no other workaround is offered, it'll be our next option to try.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - fixing unsupported configuration is always first priority as that is first, very obvious reason why something may not work. If that does jot help-only then we should look for other options. 
cheers