Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LDR
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Nprinting Upgrade - do we have to re-activate the license?

Hello everybody,

First at all thanks for your time.

It's going to be my first time upgrading Nprinting (from May 2021 to May 2022) and I'd like to know if after upgrading Nprinting Server I have to re-activate my License again, I mean repeating all the process like with a new installation.

Best regards

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

You shouldn't have to reactivate the license. Below in the link for best practices when upgrading Nprinting.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Qlik-NPrinting-...

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @LDR 
It is not necessary to activate your license again if this is an 'in place' upgrade.

However, if you are installing NPrinting on a different computer and restoring your NP database this new computer, then in that case, you need to apply your Qlik NP Product License.

Kind regards,..

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

You shouldn't have to reactivate the license. Below in the link for best practices when upgrading Nprinting.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Qlik-NPrinting-...
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @LDR 
It is not necessary to activate your license again if this is an 'in place' upgrade.

However, if you are installing NPrinting on a different computer and restoring your NP database this new computer, then in that case, you need to apply your Qlik NP Product License.

Kind regards,..

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
LDR
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Ray_Strother and @Frank_S 

Thanks for your feedback.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Glad to help!
Kind regards...