Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik35
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense On demand reporting current selection

Hello everyone,

I have a problem to keep current selection when I generate a report with the On Demand reporting button from Qlik Sense.

Indeed the selection I make in my QS application is not kept in the NP report even with a basic selection (this is a Word template report) .

On the NP documentation (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Demand-Q...), it is written that is it only possible to filter on fields that are included in the NP template but I don't understand how to include a field... 

Qlik35_0-1607956905521.png

I tried to add the field in the "level section" and then in my report but it's not what I am expected

PS

- I activated the generation of On Demand report on my template

- There is no filter apply on my report in NP

- The field I used in Qlik Sense is a basic field (not an expression)

about version: 

- Qlik Sense June 2020

- NPrinting June 2020

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Qlik35 

If your formula generates a (-) result, then it can't be used successfully. 
So yes, if the formula generates a single value it should be fine.

You can test it by creating a text box object for example in QlikView and applying the formula as an expression in the expression editor.

You mentioned that you got a result in QS, yes? Nevertheless,  try

• create a straight table in QS
  • Use "nom_etablissement_support" dimension and insert your formula as a 'measure' in this chart

What is the result? (-) or do you get a value when selecting one of the dimension values?

If might be necessary to review this in more detail as a support case if the test above delivers expected results.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

A few things to consider:

• Check filter rules to ensure you haven't created an 'empty set'. Also check if you have a NPrinting filter on the report itself that uses the "nom_etablissement_support" dimension? 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dyna...

• Is it possible that you have enabled an 'always one selected' "nom_etablissement_support" field value? check this page for unsupported QS items 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnec...

• Check that your formula is not the result of this limitation (Formulas used in Qlik NPrinting must evaluate to a unique value.) which can result in the output that you are seeing.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Formulas.htm...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Qlik35
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello Frank,

Thank you for you quick reply.

• I don't think there is an empty set because if I put my formula in QS I have a value in result. There is no NPrinting filter apply on the report.
  •  'always one selected' is not check for all the dimensions of my application.
  • Concerning the limitation about formula's result, I am not sure I understand correctly "NPrinting must evaluate to a unique value"  because I use the function 'Only' which is made to return a single value, so it could be good normally ?
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Qlik35 

If your formula generates a (-) result, then it can't be used successfully. 
So yes, if the formula generates a single value it should be fine.

You can test it by creating a text box object for example in QlikView and applying the formula as an expression in the expression editor.

You mentioned that you got a result in QS, yes? Nevertheless,  try

• create a straight table in QS
  • Use "nom_etablissement_support" dimension and insert your formula as a 'measure' in this chart

What is the result? (-) or do you get a value when selecting one of the dimension values?

If might be necessary to review this in more detail as a support case if the test above delivers expected results.